Opinion, Fact, I need help choosing a computer - Cressi, Suunto, Other?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi 8Trackid. I have the Giotto with about 75 dives. It is a conservative computer but so are your other choices. It is an excellent computer and very user friendly. It is capable of nitrox as well as a second gas up to 99% O2 so will serve you into the beginning stages of tech/cave. It has a deep stop option as well. The screen is easy to read. The only downside is that the safety stop countdown does not begin until 15 feet but since I do 5 min stops I just do 2 minutes at 20 then finish the countdown at 15 then 10. I had one occasion to call CressiUSA and the response was excellent. Any other question, just asked.

Edit: And it does have a gauge mode.

Last edited:
I had one occasion to call CressiUSA and the response was excellent.

I contacted cressi tech support once and have no complaints about the response either.

My wife and I bought our leonardos for $60 off MSRP during holiday sales time a couple of years ago (giotto wasn't out yet then). PC uplink is $80 and giotto's looks identical on the photos. -- Just so you know what sort of discounts & extra costs you should be looking at/for.

Zoop... but it's a little more conservative than a Leonardo.. I think both computers are good inexpensive computers. I have 200+ dives on two different Zoops and I still haven't needed to change a battery.

IMHO, if you have the slightest incling to go towards tech, ditch the thoughts of the Zoop. The gauge mode on the vyper is worth having the extra cash. Mine just works, and works and works. I had to change the battery after 400 something odd dives. (I have also been through 5(!) Uwatec TEc 2Gs that died on me..)
I do have a Petrel, and a Scubapro Square (Got this one as a replacement for the TEc2g, so haven't tried it yet)

I love my Vyper, it is simple... it works... it is well known all over the world, and it has nitrox and gaugemode.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom