Benito Juarez Park renovation...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Here is a view of the 1960s market as seen from the pier. Restaurante Pepes (pre Las Palmeras) was three tables on the sidewalk at the northwestern corner of the market.

view of market from pier.jpg

Could someone go upstairs at Plaza del Sol and snap a couple pictures and post them?

I climbed up on the roof of the Plaza del Sol and took this panoramic shot today, October 30, 2014. The second shot is the big hole they dug in the middle.
plaza panorama small.jpg
big hole.jpg

Here are the "unstitched" shots of the panoramic view:

IMG_1914.jpg

IMG_1918.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_1911.jpg
    IMG_1911.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 275
Thanks, I thought it would be nice to see some pictures of ongoing project. Did they get 5th Av and Juarez re-paved? A couple weeks back they had them dug up for what looked like new storm drains, creating a pretty big mess for Wet Wendys and Woody's.

Did they get 5th Av and Juarez re-paved?
Nope. Both blocks are still torn up and they are still working on making the drains.

Holy crap - they are not messing around.......

I am kinda bummed that we won't be able to hang out in the plaza in December, but also excited to see what they come up with. And then I think, what was wrong with the old plaza? Nothing realy...

I wonder where Lola is now that the plaza is gone.

I am kinda bummed that we won't be able to hang out in the plaza in December,

Well help out the poor restaurants and stuff and go hangout AROUND the plaza. They need all the help they can get. Just don't get loaded and fall in a hole or something.

At the risk of repeating daChief, I've had some reports that the restaurants and merchants around the construction site are really hurting... There's always a lot of talk on this forum about Wet Wendy's margaritas or fun evenings listening to live music at Woody's (I know there are many more, but you get the idea), so if you're down there, be sure to support these businesses! I'd hate to add them to the lists of, "I remember when"....

Any word on how long the renovation will take?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom