Info SCTLD closures on Bonaire

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Is there any evidence from Bonaire or elsewhere that the rinsing, detoxifying, site restrictions etc. altered the spread of the disease in any way?

Is there any evidence from Bonaire or elsewhere that the rinsing, detoxifying, site restrictions etc. altered the spread of the disease in any way?
How would you know? No comparator arm.

SCTLD spread rapidly off Grand Cayman at the peak of the pandemic with little to no diving

I would assume not, otherwise we'd of heard about it by now. Applaud the effort, but honestly, saying this even could possibly help, seems like a stretch at the very best.

STINAPA says the spread was slowed, which was their intention, in an attempt to buy some time for understanding and mitigation measures to be developed. Unfortunately, the only successful mitigation so far seems to be amoxicillin paste on the lesion border.....but the EU is trying to limit the use of antibiotics.

So much psuedo science it makes my head hurt.

So much psuedo science it makes my head hurt.
I feel sorry for your head pain, but other than that, how is whatever science Bonaire bases their mitigation measures on relevant to us as divers? Who are we to judge their mitigation measures, other than in our individual decisions whether to visit or not? In deciding whether to visit Bonaie, I don't weigh the validity of the scientific basis for their rules any more than when my wife and I decide whether to visit a country that imposes what we consider baseless rules about how people are expected to dress, or things of that nature. Their country, their rules. We either decide to go and comply without grumbling or we decide not to go. The basis for their rules in science or voodoo or anything else does not concern me in any other way, except perhaps in a purely academic way, and I would go elsewhere than the Bonaire forum to have that discussion.

I feel sorry for your head pain, but other than that, how is whatever science Bonaire bases their mitigation measures on relevant to us as divers? Who are we to judge their mitigation measures, other than in our individual decisions whether to visit or not? In deciding whether to visit Bonaie, I don't weigh the validity of the scientific basis for their rules any more than when my wife and I decide whether to visit a country that imposes what we consider baseless rules about how people are expected to dress, or things of that nature. Their country, their rules. We either decide to go and comply without grumbling or we decide not to go. The basis for their rules in science or voodoo or anything else does not concern me in any other way, except perhaps in a purely academic way, and I would go elsewhere than the Bonaire forum to have that discussion.
Pseudo-science is sometimes a euphemism for "I don't understand it" or "I don't agree with it."

Pseudo-science is sometimes a euphemism for "I don't understand it" or "I don't agree with it."
It's your thread. Have at it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom