California Dive Shop Burns Down!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
The Orange County Fire Authority received a call about a structure fire in Cypress California, Beach Cities Scuba Center. At 11:26 a.m. Friday the 15th. it took 20 fireman to put out the blaze & one Fireman was injured due to heat exhaustion. Fire Authority was especially concerned about pressurized cylinders & Oxygen but had no problems. Cause is still under investigation, reportedly no one was inside the building at that time. Rumors have been circulating about Oxygen cleanliness issues, unhappy customers/employees & the economy (insurance fraud). Thank God no one was hurt.

Last edited by a moderator:
My condolences to Hosam and his team members who worked at this shop.

rtsp://v1.cache3.c.youtube.com/CjYLENy73wIaLQlTglKyqTP_PxMYJCAkFEIJbXYtZ29vZ2xlSARSBXdhdGNoYL_U_-vnp-ubTQw=/0/0/0/video.3gpVideo of the fire...

Your post was informative until you felt compelled to state rumors with no basis given, and no justification. What possessed you to slander someone by putting "insurance fraud" in parenthesis in your statement?sapphire

Must be close friends with shop employees, and was a customer. So I am sure now that the authorities have read this post, masterdiverzen is also on the suspect list.

CYPRESS – Firefighters extinguished a fire that was reported inside a scuba shop Friday morning, authorities said.Flames were visible inside the store at the 6000 block of Orange Avenue when they arrived at 11:26 a.m., said Battalion Chief Kris Concepcion of the Orange County Fire Authority. The fire was extinguished by 11:46 a.m.Several oxygen bottles inside the store were a concern for firefighters, but none exploded in the flames, Concepcion said.More than 20 firefighters responded to the call.One firefighter was treated at the scene for minor heat related issues, he said.The cause and damage cost of the fire is still unknown.Contact the writer: shernandez@ocregister.com or 949-454-7361

Your post was informative until you felt compelled to state rumors with no basis given, and no justification. What possessed you to slander someone by putting "insurance fraud" in parenthesis in your statement?sapphire

:popcorn:

My sympathy for the owner and employees of the shop.

I'm sure that they have insurance, but it's still a lot of headache and heartache.

Back
Top Bottom