Member introductions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Years tec diving: < 1 (as of 5/12/11)
No of deco dives: 2
Tec instructor? No
Trimix? Yes, but only to 130' on 21/35
Rebreathers? No
Caves? No
Other comments: I just recently finished GUE Rec3, and am beginning to conduct some staged decompression dives (though most deco is typically done as an extended multi-level profile on 32% above 70'). I'm nothing if not a noob, and am primarily interested in listening in on discussions about planning decompression and trimix diving.

Name: Peter
Started Diving: 1996
Certed Full Cave: 1998
Certed Commercial: 1999
No. of Deco Dives: 1000+
No. of Cave Dives: 500+
No. of Wreck Dives: 100'ish
Tech Instructor: Yes
Rebreather: Plan on purchasing in Feb. 2012
Tri-Mix: Yes (Instructor too)
Cave Instructor: Hopefully by August 2011
Other Comments: I started diving mostly springs and spear fishing. And I was content. But around 1996/1997 the ocean was crap for a solid year. I had no intention of going the technical route, but I wanted to dive, and I lived in Florida, so it seemed it was Caves or nothing. I started cave diving with the help and instruction of Bill Rennaker and fell in love. I found myself skipping off early from work several times a week to dive Little River, Madison Blue, Gordneck, and the Lost 40. Wherever I could get into after hours, I was there. Today, I still love the taste of a fresh grouper, but my passion is Cave Diving. I'd rather do it than nearly anything else.

Years tec diving: < 1 (as of 2/3/2011)
No of deco dives: 5
Tec instructor? No
Trimix? No
Rebreathers? No
Caves? No
Other comments: Got into tech this year as a way to extend bottom time and so visit some of the Iron Bottom Sound wrecks in the Solomon Islands where i am currenty resident. Still suffering from imposter syndrome on this board.

Years Tec Diving: 1 1/2 years
No. of Deco Dives: < 50
Tec Instructor: No
Trimix: Normoxic only, hoping to finish hypoxic next year
Rebreathers: Will be getting a Hammerhead as soon as my custom chopper sells, and start the long training process
Cave: No, but maybe someday

Comments: My ultimate goal is someday to dive the USS Monitor.

Years tec diving: < 1 (as of 3/25/11)
No of deco dives: 2
Tec instructor? No
Trimix? Next month hopefully
Rebreathers? Will be purchasing one as soon as I decide on a brand, locate an instructor, and have the time to devote to getting trained.(about a year and a half from now)
Caves? Next time my job takes me near cave country for a little while.

Comments: I started diving to go to the places, and do the things I quickly learned that only tec diving can do with any reasonable margin of safety. All the recreational training I have done was basically to get enough skill, knowledge, and experience to feel comfortable delving into technical diving. Looking forward to diving the Oriskany once I have the Trimix class, and taking cave and rebreather training as soon as my life allows it. Basically another noob here to learn...

Name: Simon
Started Diving: 1984
Years Tec Diving: 1 year
No. of Deco Dives: < 50
Tec Instructor: Not presently but maybe this year (but not Trimix)
Trimix: This year will complete Trimix course
Rebreathers: Not any time soon if ever
Cave: No, but possibly when I leave the Middle East

Comments: Couple of deep wrecks including a U-boat that I really want to have a look at

Name: Craig
Started Diving: 1975
Years Tec Diving: 5 year, But I live in the desert so not a lot of dives.
No. of Deco Dives: 100+
Tec Instructor: No
Trimix: Yes,
Rebreathers: No but interested
Cave: No, Really enjoy wreck diving though

Name: Stefanie
Years tec diving: 7
No of deco dives: hmmm... wet, 30 (not as much as I'd like); dry, about 100
Tec instructor? Advanced Nitrox, saving up for more...
Trimix? When the bank account permits.
Rebreathers? As above
Caves? Intro to Cave, saving up for the rest...
Other comments:

Hi. Another new member here.

Name: Kathy
Started diving: 2006
Years tec diving: less than a year
No of deco dives: Just min deco on recreational dives
Tec instructor? No
Trimix? It&#8217;s looking more attractive
Rebreathers? No
Caves? Absolutely! I love them!
I dove 30+ caverns with instructors before taking GUE Cave 1 last November. Since class I have logged 39 Cave 1 dives and love it!

Other comments: I barely feel qualified to lurk in this forum, thanks for allowing me to join.

Name: Sébastien
Started diving: 2004
Years tec diving: 3 since normoxic certification.
No of deco dives: 300-400
Tec instructor? No
Trimix? ~50 trimix dives; only a couple deeper than 100 meters.
Rebreathers? No
Caves? 30-40 ; Not certified, as it is not mandatory in France. But training by companionship (with US team techniques) and with an experienced cave instructor (with French solo cave techniques).
Other comments: also certified as a professional scientific diver (archaeology), with a lot of similarities to tec diving (runtimes, deco dives with 02, etc...) as well as some specificities (water dredge installation and usage, large lifting bags, etc...)

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom