Things you've found under water

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

diving Bonaire I found a complete regulator set up with oceanic computer, octo, etc. Hope whoever lost it dropped it off a boat rather than lost it will diving :wink:

I just found a egg cup, it was in the remains of a dump site of Juneau, back in pre state hood.

I found a really nice anchor at table rock that had snagged on a cable. Still looked new. I also found a porcupine wacky band 60ft down at table rock. For those who dont know, wacky bands are the rubber band type bracelets that once you take them off, they go in to some sort of shape. And the typical sunglasses, goggles, and hair bands.

At the quarry last Summer on 8 different days of diving i found 2 snorkels, one 2lb soft weight, one Timex watch yes it was still ticking. When we find stuff at the quarry we always turn it in to the lost and found. The one snorkel i found was brand new . It belong to a 16 year old girl who was doing her open water dives that weekend. She had just lost it about an hour before i found it.

What is this? A person can lose their certification if they touch something off limits under the water?

Quote from Puck:
Drugs! On my very first ocean dive, we were in the Bahamas (Nassau with Scuba Centre). Lots of sharks to look at, we had a few minutes to look at a newly submerged airplane, and of course all the fish and coral you could shake a stick at. Sensory overload for a newbee like me. Then we followed the group along a short ledge to a level area, still watching sharks and now I finally notice some of the fish and wishing I had taken up diving years ago, when I spy a large brick-sized bundle just below me. Looks like someting tightly wrapped in celeophane, just like one of those bicks of narcotics they cut open on TV when they bust into the smugglers boat! Ok, I'm newly certified and afraid to touch anything less the scuba police take away my c-card, so I get the DMs attention and my buddy and I point to it, proud as can be of our great find (reward perhaps?). The DM shakes his head and holds his left had in a fist in front of his face, while making a cranking motion with his right and panning left to right. Oh, that's right, he mentioned during the dive breifing that they were filming a movie from the next boat, which was going to move some of the sharks from the "pit" to our dive site...

2 brand new titanium dive knives with in 50' of each other. At Catalina island, shore near avalon :)

I found a shipwreck in Cyprus about three years back.

I was out with a group swimming around a reef not far from Paphos when I noticed that there were quite a few cubic blocks lying around, and a lot of pottery shards. We eventually swam over an area that was heavily littered, but it wasn't obvious if you weren't looking for it owing to the various accretions that had built up on the debris.

Of a group of about ten people, only three of us noticed the debris and realised what it was - a Roman era wreck, probably a small coastal vessel that had foundered on the reef. even the guide hadn't twigged.

I felt a bit smug about that for wuite a while...

fish, plenty of fish

I found my buddy once. :) Does that count for anything. :wink:
When we were in Cauracau we were looking for golf balls from a nearby golf course.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom