How long does it take you to pack?

How long does it take you to pack after the dive.

• 15 minutes - I am done and ready to go!

Votes: 32 46.4%
  • 30 minutes - quick rinse and load and I am done!

Votes: 25 36.2%
  • 1 hour - hey, it is an art I need to rinse, pack, chat a bit

Votes: 5 7.2%
  • more than 1 hour - I am in no hury, chatting and doing post dive is a ritual

Votes: 7 10.1%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

30min or so,unless I have to rescue my buddy from his neck seal,I think it almost killed him once.:rofl3:

I don't usually rush and I'm more methodical than some. I usually take about 1/2 an hour to be ready to drive off. That's with the gear packed and me back into street clothes. Other than a few critical things like the 1st stage connection before disconnect after an ocean dive the rinsing takes place at home. Generally it's a little longer with chatting and whatnot.

Typical dive schedule ...

Setup gear and go over dive plan with buddies - 30 minutes
Dive - 1 hour
Break down and pack gear after the dive - 15 minutes
Socialize with dive buddies and whoever else is in the parking lot - 30 minutes
Post dive pizza, Thai food or Chinese buffet - 1 hour
Rinse and hang gear at home - 15 minutes
Download and review pictures on computer - priceless

:D

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

I can pack in 15mins, but often I stick around for about half an hour, an hour beyond packing up to have food and snacks with buddies. My buddy has a camp stove in his car so we make hot soup and we also have two camping chairs that we found under a pier one day that we can chill out in (they must have only been under for a few hours as they were in mint condition). Another buddy has a table and we all bring along snacks each. If it is one of our birthdays we also have cake and have a miniparty after the dive, so that can take a while. So yea, I like the social part after as well so only rush if I am by myself.

What she :lol: said.

When do we have another birthday? That cake was Goooooood!!!!! :D

Bonaire, 5 min, and it's packed up, on to the next site.
Locally, spend more time shooting the breeze after a dive, because I may not see my friends again for a while.

What she :lol: said.

When do we have another birthday? That cake was Goooooood!!!!! :D

Hmm not for a while it seems :/ we need to recruit some more buddies with mid year birthdays!

Shall we just say it is mine again??!! :eyebrow:

Why not!!! Also you missed out on my cake so it is only fair.

The quick way goes like this. I usually park the van in the first spot, so it's about 1 minute to the van from the water, 30 seconds to sit down, take my rig off and clip it in the rack, 30 seconds to take my booties off and put my mask and fins on the mat, 30 seconds to towel off and put my glasses on. Then I drive a mile home and take the gear out and rinse it off on the patio.

The long way involves going over to the beach shower with my gear on, putting the gear in the car and heading over to the beach bar for a cold beer or two.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom