Divers Supply Lied to me

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I agree that if I purchased a new item that it is implied that new manuals would accompany it. I wouldn't call it a lie, maybe deceptive marketing, but not a lie.

For the link that was provided by ekewaka, that same link didn't say anything about receiving a photocopied version of the manual either, nor did it say anything about needed to download/request a clean copy.

Did the vendor provide any explanation why they couldn't provide the original manual that should have come with the product?

The manufacturer seems to be treating the product as subject to their warranty. They may have an issue with the vendor, but it sounds like the manufacturer solved your problem with good service.

DiverLS:
I.

Now I wonder if they shipped me a new Module, or a used one.

?:

Go to the logbook. That should tell you if it has been used or not.

I ordered a Veo 180 NX from Leisure Pro about 3 months ago & it came with a new manuel....btw, really enjoyed it(1st computer I ever owned-borrowed the Veo 100 for an Oct '06 CZM trip) in Cozumel last month diving long deep dives with Aldora....

Edit...if it looks new & there are no previous dives on it, I would not worry about it....enjoy iy.....

DBailey:
I wouldn't call it a lie, maybe deceptive marketing, but not a lie.

:rofl3: :rofl3: :rofl3:

I do alot of online shopping and have bought a few wetsuits, hoods, and most accessory items online. But when it comes to the really important things - BCD, regs and computers, I will spend a few extra dollars and buy from an LDS. When something isn't working right, I have questions or just for regular service, they know it's equipment they sold me and they take care of it.

1: Go to Oceanic website
2: Download manual. Keep on computer in PDF form for easy searching and viewing.
3: Thank Divers Supply for saving you a lot of money.

No offense to the big internet suppliers, but I chose to support my LDS, but only after i've shopped around to all the other LDS' in my area and looked at the price's on the internet. I tell them I am shopping around, that way they don't take advantage of me. When I bought my VEO 250 (very slightly better model) I paid less than that price and got the whole console. When I had problems with my battery, my LDS owner was all over it pulling it apart to fix it. I have no doubt they would've got me an owner's manual if it hadn't had one.

Boy i bet the OP regrets ever posting :popcorn:

Cheers.

-J.-

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom