3rd Annual Fossiling Expedition guided by Mark Renz!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I would like to join all of you although Im not sure if the good doctor will clear me. It turns out what I thought was a sprained ankle is a fractured ankle. I gotta wear a boot for three weeks and then start rehabilitation. Sucks huh?

Hey, bring it on my friend! The fossiling expedition is very easy on the body... I actually started it when I couldn't dive because I'd had my 4th shoulder rebuild and wanted something to do with my dive buddies..

My wife and I had met Mark a few months before, kept in touch, created an expedition with him and now its turned 3rd annual :D

LOL, the cold water on the ankle might be good for it too!

My kiddo's are really REALLY looking forward to this....I think it'll be fun too but I'm a bit...ah...underexperienced in the camping realm. As in...a camping virgin! I'm a little nervous, actually...lol There is a store somewhere close for any last minute supplies I might have forgot? (I am going to get what I consider "the basics" but I've just got visions of Rene Russo in Tin Cup...showing up to her golf lesson with all sorts of gadgets. I don't want to go overboard!)

Yup, the town is only a few miles up the road.. walmart is about 40 miles away.. (KIDDING!) its actually about 6.

I'll make a quick 'check list' for camping stuff this weekend and post it up!

Hey, round up everyone you can for this.. the more of us there the better!! :D

Basic Camping Supplies for Conch Event
Rum
Tent
Sleeping bag
More rum
Air mattress
Rum Tote

You forgot rum.

- Squirrel repellent
- bacon stretcher
- left handed smoke shifter
- digeridoo
- spare TP
- mini marshmallows
- Rum Helper(tm)
- those leedle umbrella tingies for rum cocktails
- pirate costume
- booty
- loot
- spare RRRR's
- pirate dictionary
- skull n' crossbones flag
- racoon trap
- el cheapo beach chair for lounging around the campfire

and a box of Calvin's favorite "Chocolate Coated Frosted Sugar Bombs"
for the ankle biters.

Ok SFL...so you are bringing the paper umbrellas?? I'll cross that off my list. Thanks for the tip on extra TP tho. Sugar bombs for the ankle biters?? I just give mine Rum punch...they go to bed so early thataway! :rofl3: :rofl3:

ok I'm in I was reminded about this event as I forgot. I will be there this year and will be bringing my son as well this will be his first SB gathering so ya'll watch out for another minnie me...... I will try and see what I can bring for shelter over the food area as my usual carport cover still has not been replaced yet after the last hurricane season ripped all the other ones to shreds, again. I will be bringing my cooler, but would like to take it home WITHout a empty bottle of RUM ahh hmm Jenny...

I will see if I can round up a few others to sign up or show up for the festivities. we shall see.
See ya'll there

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom