scallop dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mam6669

Registered
Reaction score
at the risk of asking someone to give up there biggest secret...

is anyone willing to give up spots to go scallop diving around cape ann/salem?

i know that there are some trips that go out somewhere in salem sound and i could either go on one or follow but i was wondering if someone would have a good heart and share that info.

thanks

I made the mistake of asking the same thing last year. I'm still waiting:D

You might need to re-phrase your question a little.

Try something like:

"Anyone willing to take me to their favorite scalloping spots in the cape ann/salem area. I've got the boat!"

that can take 4 divers (safely) and can provide a Master Diver who will stay in the boat so all 4 can dive at the same time. I just need spots.

(Let's see if this works:D )

mam6669, maybe we can go together

I found. I haven't seen what I would think is a bed, but I got 31 in about 25 mins. Most were at least 6" across.

North of Childrens island. Winterhaven Park harbor. The charts are on my buddys boat but we were in about 45-50 ft of water. Maybe 100 yrds off the island.

Post on how you do if you try it there.

No secret: Large scallop flats, 100 yards off of a red nun, about 1 mile off of the coast of Salisbury MA. Depths at 70+

Not sure of the nun number, but it is the one north of breaking rock, just before the Seabrook NH border

Back
Top Bottom