Zoop..p o'ed

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

True, and I've got it. How do you like reading it on your smart-phone, out on the boat?

That should be the last place you should be trying to get "acquainted" with your computer. You can easily print the electronic manual out at home as big as you want and learn the features you feel you will need there.

True, and I've got it. How do you like reading it on your smart-phone, out on the boat?
I've never read it on a boat and never plan to. I read it at home on the computer when I first got it and went through all the menus. By the time I'm on the boat or even on shore thinking about entering the water, I should already be familiar with whatever I'm diving with and not trying to learn how to use it then. It's not a good time for convenience's sake and it's not what I consider good diving practices for myself. I want to be focused on learning about the dive site and the plan, etc., not tinkering with my gear.

If you bought your Zoop new it came with a small laminated menu flow chart that gifts n a Save-A-Dive box. You can read this one on a boat, with a goat, or in a box with a fox.... :)

Reading the manual and remembering quickly how to set the nitrox setting are two different things. I have two different computers. I have read the manuals and understand the displays. However I keep two copies of the actual flow button chart in my reg bag to speed up actually doing the setting.

The "PO2 does not matter if you are on air" assumes you are not doing deep dives on air.

Depending on age, how hard you are working on the dive, etc., and your level of conservatism all affect whether 1.4 or 1.3 or whatever are what you want.

. . . The "PO2 does not matter if you are on air" assumes you are not doing deep dives on air. . . .

I may be wrong, but I believe that once the Zoop is set to dive in Air mode, then the Zoop ignores any PO2 setting (or, for that matter, any FO2 setting) that might have been set under the Nitrox Settings menu. If it is set to dive in Nitrox mode, then it uses the values of PO2 and FO2 that have been set in the Nitrox Settings menu.

In any case, that was my statement you quoted, and yep, my assumption was we're talking generally accepted recreational depths here in this thread, not 150+ feet.

Back
Top Bottom