Zoop Console to Wrist Mount Modification

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MbWaterdog

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hi there,
Does anyone know if the Suunto Zoop can be transferred from the console to a wrist-boot? And if so, where could I purchase the wrist boot? Not sure if this is a DIY kind of job or if I should just take it to my LDS. I have looked online with no luck for one of these (or instructions how to do so). I have seen a wrist-boot from Deep Sea Supply but I am not sure how well this would hold the computer, but I love the bungee idea. If its anything like the SK7 compass mount, I am not so sure that I would trust a $$ computer in it. Also, is there a boot available for the Suunto SM-36 SPG? I have noticed that the SM-36 is made of plastic that I am a little worried about busting on a rock or something. I would like to basically get rid of my console...computer-to wrist, and a boot for the SPG.

The DSS mount holds it very securely. I would say the bungee mount is holding on just as tightly as the original console it came out of.

I use a DSS mount far superior to the Suunto wrist mount, IMO the best thing since sliced bread. Secure, depth compensating and makes on an off a breeze. Buy one.

Go DSS you'll never have any worries. The mounts are low-profile, and the bungee is simple doff & don, reliable, and easy to replace if anything should ever happen. Your PDC is going to be secure don't worry.

I put my SK7 in a DSS boot once I saw how high the original sat on the wrist. Afterwards when I purchased Aladin 2G the unit went into a new DSS boot before it ever hit water.

Also, is there a boot available for the Suunto SM-36 SPG? I have noticed that the SM-36 is made of plastic that I am a little worried about busting on a rock or something. I would like to basically get rid of my console...computer-to wrist, and a boot for the SPG.

Don't know if you can find the single instrument housing for your original SPG, or if you'd have to replace the whole deal with this - Suunto Pressure Gauge with Hose & Boot (SPG)
If you must spend any money at all, you can just go brass & glass.

I have a DSS on my Zoop that I use as a back up, that's how good they are.

I bought a mount from Dive Gear Express and some shock cord and use mine as a wrist mount.

The Zoop (also Gekko) has integral lugs which will work either with Suunto's band, DSS mount or Suunto console.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom