Zero to Hero

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

6 days to full is the standard from cavern as an FYI, granted that's assuming your cavern course was solid. You mention Cave1, is it a NAUI instructor? which one?

She is RAID and NSSCDS. Pam Wooten. Came recommended and after speaking with her. I really felt we have an equal mindset.

Cavern course was definitely solid... I thought about going all the way at once... but then I thought about it again. Have less restrictions would mean I could do more diving locally but at the end of the day, I want the training to be what it is and the practice before I continue. Like the article states... the caves aren’t going anywhere..

Came across a guy's blog the other day about his journey from non-diver to CCR Cave within the span of 6 months, ending the year with 120 dives.

I can't deny that he's dedicated, and he's certainly very proud of his accomplishments. But at the same time I feel that there's so much that he hasn't yet experienced, for him to be training/diving to that level.

Came across a guy's blog the other day about his journey from non-diver to CCR Cave within the span of 6 months, ending the year with 120 dives.

I can't deny that he's dedicated, and he's certainly very proud of his accomplishments. But at the same time I feel that there's so much that he hasn't yet experienced, for him to be training/diving to that level.
95%+ chance this guy quits diving within 2 years. These very card/class motivated divers almost universally lose interest once they hit their goal class.

Ok, so you're saying skip Cavern and go straight to Intro?
I don't regret doing cavern and into together. It gave my instructor a chance to coach me on some other things about my diving that i could improve upon, and just gives you more time in the water with someone who can really help you fix things about your diving and teach you overhead at the same time, provided you choose a good instructor.

95%+ chance this guy quits diving within 2 years. These very card/class motivated divers almost universally lose interest once they hit their goal class.
I have no reason to disagree. I lack background and competence to know enough to either agree or disagree. But it‘s an interesting statement / observation you make. Why do you think / know / feel / guess it is that these divers quit? Dang that question is not clear. I mean to ask why do they quit, in your opinion (not why you have the opinion).

I enjoyed doing cavern/intro together. The “cavern” area at the WI mine my class was at is very small, so there’s no reason to do cavern only. Class was very challenging, but made a big difference in my diving.

I have no reason to disagree. I lack background and competence to know enough to either agree or disagree. But it‘s an interesting statement / observation you make. Why do you think / know / feel / guess it is that these divers quit? Dang that question is not clear. I mean to ask why do they quit, in your opinion (not why you have the opinion).
Because they arent interested in the actual dives. They are excited by getting increasingly advanced cards. When they run out of cards, since so very little in the actual water interests them, they quit

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom