Zena owners... Question, please!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

amajamar

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I am trying to fit my GF to a Zena. We have it narrowed down to a medium back with small front and small or xs shoulders. She dove it this weekend and was complaining that the 1st stage was hitting her head. We slid the BC up the tank as far as possible, putting the top of the upper strap just where the flat of the tank begins, and the reg is still hitting her head.

If slide it down any further the upper strap will fall off the tank. (probably not good!)

If it were a single tank strap design, I'd fasten the bc to the tank where the tank valve is level or just below the back of the BC.

I have read the raves over this BCD and I'm sure that I am missing the obvious...

I hope...

Please chime in and let me know if any of you gals (or guys, I guess...) have had this problem with the Zena...

Thanks in advance.

PS- 1800 miles away and ScubaToys is quickly becoming MY LDS!!! They are AWESOME!!

My wife has one and loves it. no problems at all!

my wife loves hers. My wife is 5' 9" and it sounds like your gf is fairly petite which might mean a bit shorter. Less room to work with as far as adjusting the tank.

k

Texasdiver2, I think you are on to something! She is 5'6" and there isn't a lot of room to slide the BCD down.

divingyogini, she uses both a 63 and an 80, however, the top of the tank is still the top of the tank! The problem I have is that I can't slide the tank down lower or it will fall out of the upper strap.

Scott Zeagle and Joe at ScubaToys are coming to the rescue though...

There is a special strap that holds the bladder in the top slot and allows the upper tank band to be moved down a notch...Yeaahh!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom