Zeagle Zena - Oahu

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BKSZEA

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Does anyone on Oahu have a Zeagle Zena that my wife could look at? She is looking for a new BCD, and likes the looks of the Zena, but the only way we can get one is to order one from the mainland, and she doesn't want to do that without seeing one in person first.

My wife has an almost new one you can check out. I think it's a SM vest/front panel and a M shoulders. If you're around Kewalo Basin in the morning on 12/2, I could bring it with me before the am Kaimana dives. For what it's worth, despite getting it sized properly she's never been happy with how stable it feels on her and we're probably going to move her to a BP/W rig soon. YMMV, of course.

One critical thing to understand about the Zena is that it must be fitted properly, then adjusted and tightened properly on the body in order to get the most out of it. That might sound like a pain, but fitting is simply a matter of mixing and matching the pieces for a custom fit, and tightening properly is a simple 10 second process a diver follows at the beginning of the dive. Once both of these elements are in place, the Zena should never move or roll on the body. The tank is held firmly in place regardless of the position of the diver.

But like EVERY piece of gear, not one brand or style is for everyone and trying before you buy is critical.

Scotti - I went to PHD earlier in the week, and they didn't have any. Checked with Aaron's too, no luck. Dr. Lecter - I may be able to swing by Kewalo. I'll PM you later in the week. Thanks!

Thanks DiveMaven -- I had read your earlier postings about proper fitting and in water adjusting and helped my wife apply them to her Zena. No dice in her opinion.

Thanks DiveMaven -- I had read your earlier postings about proper fitting and in water adjusting and helped my wife apply them to her Zena. No dice in her opinion.

Like I said, no one piece of gear is right for everyone! I hope the BP/W works perfectly for her (it sure didn't for me!).

Gabe,
Thanks for the tip on SSA. I tried them last night - they don't carry Zeagle..:depressed:
The quest continues.....

- Bill

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom