Zeagle Weight Pouch - Coming with the BC purchase or sold separately

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bongabonga

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Dear ScottZeagle,

Is the zeagle weight pouch coming with the purchase of the BC with Ripcord system, or should I buy it separately?
I've purchased Zeagle Stiletto but it is on long journey to my home :)
Hopefully the pouch is included inside :)

Thank you,

Are you talking about the yellow shot pouches? If so, the regular Stiletto doesn't come standard with those, you'd need to buy them separately. If you have the Stiletto LTD, then they should have come with 12 lb. shot pouches (aka "yellow thingies").

Hey, thanks for your reply. Now that I know it comes separately, do I need to purchase those yellow pouch to utilize the weight pockets in my stiletto, or not?

No you do not need them to use the weight pouches you can just throw some weight in there. Soft would probably be better.

I don't worry about the larger weights but always think the smaller will slip through.

I have a brigade. I have never used the pockets. The issue with not using it is that it can be difficult to keep bag weights in. I have had once or twice had a 2lb weight bag drop out. I don't have any issues with hard weights.

My LDS includes the pouches in the price of the bc, but they apparently give out the larger pouches (the 18lb ones) even for the Stiletto unless you ask for the 12lb ones, the logic being that they're easier to actually get 12lbs in them (fold them and they fit in the pockets). Slightly off topic, but is the pocket capacity based on the physical size of the pocket (or pouch) or are the ripcords different?

I got the regular stiletto and the pouches did not come with. I used it without pouches on my trip to roatan but didn't like the idea of the weights wearing on the cords so I put a glove in each pocket under the weights as a temp stop till I got home and ordered the 12 lb. yellow thingys.

I can tell you that the cords are strong. Also, the majority of the time that you are swimming horizontal, the weights will be resting on the pocket and not cords. Keep in mind I was using normally 2-3 pounds in each pocket so it might be much more stress on it if you are diving with 10-12 pounds on each side.

After i dove several times with the stiletto and put weights on each pocket (4lbs in each pocket), yes the cords are strong indeed. I think putting hard weights there wont give you any problem.. But still i want to use the yellow bag inside the pockets... For me who lives outside US, its kinda hard to purchase the yellow bag, because no seller will ship it to my country. I got no problem ordering the BC though. I'd like options to include the weight bag on the BC, or just make it BC+weight bag package.
Well, i think i'll just make custom bags for the weight pockets.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom