zeagle tech or idi advantage

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

diverjeffro

Registered
Reaction score
I am stuck between the two any input will be helpful in making my decision. I dive mainly recreational but i am a large man in a dry suit so i require lots of weight. they both have the weight capacity and lift i am looking for i am leaning toward the tech because it can hold two tanks. e penny for your thoughts pleez.

You may want to check out the discussion in the IDI Advantage that was ongoing about a week ago. I dove with mine again last Saturday. The main problem that I had was that the weights located in the cumberbun were unsupported. I solved this problem by using the straps that are intended to loop over the top of the tank, to run from the bottom D-ring on the shoulder straps to the D-ring right above the weight pockets. Worked great. My main complaint now is that there are just too many straps ends dangling all over the place. I haven't tried the Zeagle, but I think that I would try it first. If you do go for the IDI make sure that the inflator hose is correctly aligned. Mine is pointed way off to the left (a problem that the folkes I bought it from don't want to deal with). This makesk it difficult to operate the dump valve once the BC is in the water.

Here is the thread for the previous IDI Advantage discussion.

http://www.scubaboard.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=7350

But since you've stated a desire to dive with doubles, then the probable answer to your "Which BC?" question is neither the IDI or the Zeagle. Doubles are best handled by a backplate system (OMS, Dive-Rite, Halcyon, FredT, etc).

Back
Top Bottom