Zeagle Stiletto Cam Buckle cracked.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ScubaSteve887

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
During my last dive, one of the cam buckles on my Stiletto Ltd cracked. The buckle is well built, one of my buddies had it adjusted too tight to compensate for the webbing still being dry so he said. We chatted about shortcutting things after this..

Anyways How can I get a replacement buckle or two (The Boyscout in me likes spares! LOL) I have sent a few emails to the website and have not heard back yet.

I have to tell ya I love the Zeagle line. After I got the Stiletto I bought a Zena for my girlfriend. She could not be happier with the zip up streamline style! Great innovation.

Oh and one more thing... the model Stiletto? Why do I have to wear a great BC named after a high heel shoe? Do tell.... LOL

Thanks!

Thanks Diver Steve!!

@ScottZeagle... I hadnt actually gotten that far. I do have contacts with seamstresses who do heavy duty work (leather, patches, vinyl etc.) I suppose I work have started there with their opinion.

I recieved no responses from my inquiries through the Zeagle website with information on the buckles or suggestions, so I thought I would give this forum a try. I am open to suggestions or information on what would be needed to repair the BC.

Oh and one more thing... the model Stiletto? Why do I have to wear a great BC named after a high heel shoe? Do tell....

The stiletto is a purpose built, slender, pointed knife favored by assassins.

ScubaSteve, why don't you just get a new camband complete with buckle? Capt Gene has those (Zeagle Single Cylinder Straps scuba diving gear at Zeagle Express) and it'll save you from having to figure out how to attach the buckle. Just thread the band with the broken buckle out and thread the new one back in. That's what I'd do with my Stiletto and I doubt the LTD is much different back there.

why don't you contact zeagle cause your BC has a life time warranty...

Lifetime warranty doesn't cover every single thing on the BC. It covers defects in materials and workmanship. If you drop a scuba tank on a buckle, run over it with your lawnmower, have a rat chew it up in your garage, or wrench a cam buckle so tight that it breaks....that's not exactly a warranty issue.

That being said, if you want me to mail you a new cam buckle, just send me a PM with your address and I'll put one in the mail.

:)

Back
Top Bottom