ScubaPro Twinjet Fin Male Buckle

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tahoe1840

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Shot in the dark here. I have a couple of pairs of ScubaPro Twinjet open heel fins. The "Fastex" style male buckles are breaking. Yes, the fins are old, but they are in great shape and still very usable. Does anyone know where one could buy this male buckle or something that would replace this buckle system? ScubPro, as usual, is of little help. From my research this buckle system is unique to the Twinjet Split Fin. The TwinJet Max fin uses a different type of buckle. I'm open to suggestions to keep these fins finning...

I replaced my fin straps with bungie cord. I run the cord through the female buckles and tie the ends similar to a bungie necklace, so I end up with doubled bungies.
IMG_20220124_094424700_HDR.jpgIMG_20220124_094431227_HDR.jpg

Respectfully,

James

Just replace them with spring straps.

While it does not help you now but something I suggest to people when buying a pair of fins is to buy an extra complete buckle/strap assembly. On more than one dive trip I have seen an errant tank crash down and break something. That saves the dive but more over down the road solves the search when the mfg no longer supports the product.

As said above spring straps are your friend at this point.

While it does not help you now but something I suggest to people when buying a pair of fins is to buy an extra complete buckle/strap assembly. On more than one dive trip I have seen an errant tank crash down and break something. That saves the dive but more over down the road solves the search when the mfg no longer supports the product.

As said above spring straps are your friend at this point.
I bought more than 10 years ago my Cressi Frog fins. They came with rubber straps.
Something like 3 years ago I bought a pair of spring straps and replaced the rubber straps.
I stored the rubber straps if I ever need them. Some months ago I opened the case where I stored the rubber straps and they were completelly broken to pieces, so, in my opinion, there is no reason to buy a pair of rubber straps for spare. When you would need them there will be useless.
I do recommend the SS Spring straps. They are future proof.

All excellent ideas guys, my fins have spring straps on them, but the male buckle keeps breaking one lobe. I can fix them but my supply of male buckles (taken of the old rubber straps) is running low. New spring straps for the TwinJet are very difficult to find Innovative Scuba does not list them any longer. I can't find another manufacture so was looking for just the buckle. James79 wins the prize, I like your work around. Happy-diver uses a brand I have seen but was reluctant to buy since I was unsure of the spring length. Thanks everyone for your post, diving is a community!! .

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom