Zeagle Recon vs Apeks RK3HD Fins - Need Advice/Input

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jknightindy

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I am looking to purchase either the Zeagle RECON fins or Apeks RK3HD's for my drysuit diving here in the Midwest and would love to get input from folks that have dove both or have experience with the RECONS since they don't seem as plentiful in the market (lakes, quarries, etc...). I current dive Apeks RK3 standards with my wetsuits and like the fins overall. Need to up my size from Large to XL to accommodate the bigger dive boots. I have zero experience with the Zeagle RECON's but some really strong reviews have caught my eye. They are also 3.65lbs per fin in the XL size vs 3.17 for the Super/XL sized Apeks RK3HD's. Looking forward to some feedback! Thanks

I can recommend the recons, be aware the foot pocket in XL, similar in size and shape to SP supernova. The spring is likely to be to tight but there is some adjustment, I use some from the Hollis F1 but size 15 feet make my modify things.

The pre-bent angle takes a lot of strain off of the ankles and improve propulsion and they have very solid frog kick performance, until the super novas came along these were my go to fins for drysuit and are still my go to for my neoprene drysuit.

I can recommend the recons, be aware the foot pocket in XL, similar in size and shape to SP supernova. The spring is likely to be to tight but there is some adjustment, I use some from the Hollis F1 but size 15 feet make my modify things.

The pre-bent angle takes a lot of strain off of the ankles and improve propulsion and they have very solid frog kick performance, until the super novas came along these were my go to fins for drysuit and are still my go to for my neoprene drysuit.
Thanks for the info! Helps a ton. Have you dove with the RK3HD's by chance?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom