Zeagle pony bottle system Price?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

NJStateRanger

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Hi Everyone, was wondering for those of you that have looked into getting a price for the zeagle pony bottle system(6cf) and what's the best price you found. Without going into pro and cons of size of bottle etc., this is what i have chosen for me and my type of diving(Rec).

Thanks for any posssible help,

Rick

I can not help you with the price but I would also suggest looking buying it in parts as well (i.e. a bottle and reg). Both can be found used for descent prices. Which in that case can save you some coin.

BTW a std valve and reg are easier to deal than needing a separate filler for the all in one valve/reg.

Thanks for the reply and suggestion,will look into used also
Always good to save some coin

Rick

Which product exactly are you looking for? I'll be glad to quote you, and I think you'll be pleased with our offer!

Hi Rick - Another thing you might consider is what I did, which is to buy the Zeagle Razor combo reg/valve but install it on a standard pony bottle of your choice (I used a 19cf Luxfer). The Zeagle bottles are good quality, but they only offer a small 6cf and a rather squat 20cf bottle. The 19cf Luxfer (or Catalina) plus the Razor makes for a very streamlined pony system.

And you may not really need the separate fill adaptor - you'll find that the native fill port on the Razor is actually a very standard paintball port, and many dive shops have a dedicated paintball whip already handy for their compressors, no adaptor necessary.

Obviously, check with your dive shop first, and keep the yoke fill adaptor in your bag just in case. Better yet, spring for Zeagle's transfill adaptor for the Razor and don't even worry about shop fills - just fill it from your own tank.

I got my Razor reg from ScubaToys online, but any Zeagle dealer should be able to get you a good price on one. It may be a little more expensive than a separate valve & reg, but it's a LOT more streamlined!

Good luck,

>*< Fritz

Fritz, thanks for the help, I am always open to new thoughts. I want the 6cf as it is small and plan to hang in front of bc.

Thanks Again,

Rick

OK, if you're going for the 6cf sling option, the Zeagle bottle is the same size as everyone else. Definitely consider their transfill adaptor in that case - 6cf is nothing from your primary tank, and it's not like you'll be constantly using up and refilling your pony anyway (although some would argue that you should - so your pony is always the same as your backgas; like with everything else regarding ponies there are pros and cons to that, I stick with air).

Actually, I believe the transfiller is standard with the 6cf kit from Zeagle.

Fritz, again thanks for information,transfill does come with unit, and I do plan to stick with air. Most dives are 80' or less for me.

Rick

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom