Zeagle N2ition 3 or Aeris Elite Hoseless

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bevansmw

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Curious if anyone has any input on one of these two computers. I'm looking at buying a new one soon that is Nitrox capable and see some really good deals on these two right now. I really like the features on the N2ition 3 with the built in compass and calculating deep decompression stops in case if you exceed your NDL on your dive for some reason.

Only advantage the Aeris seems to have for me right now is it's hoseless and can calculate my time remaining based on my air consumption rate and remaining air & depth. If I got the Aeris I'd need a seperate compass though. I have a compass I could pop out of my current Aeris XR1 console and put in a wrist boot though.

With the Zeagle I need a seperate SPG. Aeris also comes with the PC Download cable whereas I'd have to pay like $140 or so for the cable for the Zeagle (seems outrageously expensive for a cable).

I save about $100 if I get the Zeagle as well, but will spend more if I buy the cable (eventually). That's after including the cost for a SPG.

Curious if anyone has experience with either of the computers. I'm curious how well the Aeris stays linked up to the transmitter on the 1st stage. Does it drop link often or stays in link pretty good? I'd definately like the hoseless with the ability to see my pressure on my computer. Could have all the info I needed on my wrist with the Aeris and a compass.

Any input appreciated :)

My wife and I both have a Atmos Elite from Aeris and her's does lose the link often enough that she's frustrated by it, so I just bought her an Aeris AI with a hose and quick disconnect for Xmas. Mine has always been a good link and we or our LDS can't figure it out? Seems hit or miss to me?

One time my LDS changed a battery for me and they didn't have the access cover on right and it flooded and I had to abort the dive. The newer model may be better, (Elite T3) and I would look at that one, it can be purchased for $600 at Leisure Pro or Scuba Toys right now because of a big factory rebate available on all Aeris or Oceanic computers this month.

I have no experience with the Zeagle.

The Zeagle is another version of the Dive Rite Nitek. I believe that Cresci is also selling a similar dive comp. I "think" it's made by Seiko.

Most of the modern dive computers will give you decompression times and depths if you violate your NDL anyway. And after that it will shut itself off for 24-hrs or lock you out, keeping you from using it again within 24-hrs.

Thanks for the responses, I think I'm going to go with the Aeris Elite T3 w/ xmtr & PC Cable from LP. Looks like that one has a little more range than the Atmos Elite from reading the manual and some more features like being able to link to buddy's xmtrs & more features for diving w/ nitrox.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom