Zeagle knife & sheath

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have it as well . Its a bit better than a broken steak knife, but seems to be designed with that in mind.

superstar:
It makes me wonder if Zeagle gets their knifes from scubamax.

No, we do not. We have the knives made in Taiwan, and the sheath is made here in our factory.

However, I need to look at the Scuba Max set, because if you can buy it retail for $10, and it is exactly the same, we need to be buying it from them!!! :wink:

Thanks,

Scott

My $10 Scuba Max knife that looks like the Zeagle knife.

Attachments

• DSCF0040.JPG
    DSCF0040.JPG
    188.7 KB · Views: 162
I love mine. My only concern is with the shears.

As an EMT, I buy these things in sets of 10 for two reasons.

1. EMS professionals and folks that work in ERs have sticky fingers and steal any piece of equipment that isnt bolted down.

2. TRAUMA SHEARS WEAR OUT FAST!!!

The latter is the one that causes my concern with the shears included with the knife. Because the piece of nylon that locks the shears to the sheath is sewn together, it will be VERY tough to replace the shears once the originals become loose and difficult to manage.

My wife and I had a few ideas for eliminating this problem. One invloves two "snaps"; one for locking the shears to the sheath and one holding the folded piece of nylon together.

What do ya think, Scott?

I have the knife and scissor sheath and mount is using the velcro straps on my inflator hose. I've used it several times to cut line and find that this location is best for being able to see the sheath. I like the idea of using a ring for improving grab-ability while wearing thick gloves.

I found the tiny serrations on the knife blade getting stuck when trying to cut through 3/16" "parachute cord" (i.e. has a long filament core covered by a woven sheath - like climbing rope)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom