Zeagle knife & sheath

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

superstar

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I am looking for a new dive knife to go with my new Stiletto BC, Zeagle has this knife & sheath part #5402 on their website, Has anyone used it and do you like. I guess it is no longer cool to carry a 12" dagger/weapon.
ithttp://www.zeagle.com/index.php?src=gendocs&link=Accy_5402_Knife&category=Accessories

Got one and like it. Never had to use it underwater. I ended up putting a split ring on mine so I could get it out with 5mm gloves on. Put finger through the ring and pull. Not going to loose it that way.

personally i dont like the knife that much because its so small
if it was a little bigger and made of titanium i would jump on it
(the blade part not the handle the handle is the perfect size)

That knife and webbing mount is a fun but silly solution to entanglement.

Plan on the snap rotting off way before you need the knife.

The sheath mounts via two plastic "rivets". You make a small hole in the strap were you want it mounted and push the two together. One piece is on the sheath the other is behind the strap.

If the snap rots off then that is no big deal since the sheath is tight enough. I have used mine and when I put it back I didn't snap it.

Since I'm not killing people with mine, just cutting line and weeds, the blade is fine. If you have large hands the handle may not be big enough.

I got this version, which velcros to your shoulder harness:

alt_12682154.jpg

paintsnow:
personally i dont like the knife that much because its so small
if it was a little bigger and made of titanium i would jump on it
(the blade part not the handle the handle is the perfect size)

Why bigger ? What are you planning to kill with it ?
The blade is plenty big enough for 99.9% of what you need a knife underwater for. IE cutting Mono filament

Cheers
Chriso

Bigg Budd, I'm telling Scubatoys that you posted a LP picture. :D Must be nice to live close to Scubatoys.
The velcro on the combo is probably because there is the option to have a slate on the back of it.

I got a Scubamax knife and sheath on ebay that looks just like the Zeagle knife. It makes me wonder if Zeagle gets their knifes from scubamax. I got it for $10 with shipping.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom