Zeagle help needed

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

the Envoy is a great reg I've made over 100 dives with mine and had no trouble.

I beleive your 1st problem is buying from leisure pro and not from an auth. dealer like SCUBA TOYS.

DIvemaster234:
I beleive your 1st problem is buying from leisure pro and not from an auth. dealer like SCUBA TOYS.

Yep that Authorized dealer issue is going to come back and haunt you if you bought it from LP. I would say that I hope Zeagle puts the screws to you, but I know they won't.

crpntr133:
Yep that Authorized dealer issue is going to come back and haunt you if you bought it from LP. I would say that I hope Zeagle puts the screws to you, but I know they won't.

I did'nt realize that LP was not an authorized dealer. I just wanted a Zeagle and it was'nt available at my LDS. It never occured to me that a shop could sell something as important as dive equipment and not be an authorized dealer. I now realize that it does happen although I am not sure how they get the regulators if they are not a authorized dealer. Anyway I know better now and will be checking from now on.

Just about everyone knows the problems and risks of buying "Grey" market equipment off the internet. All the major manfuctures denounce it and say they will do what they can to discourage it. MART ..... why don't you send your serial number off that regulator to Scott Zeagle so he can investigate it ....... SCOTT >>>>> why don't you find out how LeisurePro got your equipment ? Did they buy it from one of your authorized dealers ? Did it fall off a truck ? Did it walkout the backdoor at the Zeagle warehouse while nobody was looking ? Please report back to the board with any information you can find. I know that authorized dealers (like SCUBATOYS) would like to know what steps you are taking to solve this kind of problem.

ScottZeagle:
Mart,

In my efforts to fix your problem, I totally overlooked the fact that you may have bought it from an unauthorized dealer. Since I have already offered to look at it, I will honor my word and do so. If you have problems in the future, however, you will need to send it back to the place of purchase!

Scott

Scott, You seem very approachable and I have always wanted to know something about this "authorized" and "non-authorized" dealer thing. If Leisurepro is not an authorized Zeagle dealer, how is it that they acquire your products? Obviously they are getting a darn good price on them to be able to underprice most other places. It just seems strange that if you do not want them to sell your equipment they wouldn't be able to get it at a decent price. Always wanted to know the answer to this. Thanks!

Keith

scubapro50:
Just about everyone knows the problems and risks of buying "Grey" market equipment off the internet. All the major manfuctures denounce it and say they will do what they can to discourage it. MART ..... why don't you send your serial number off that regulator to Scott Zeagle so he can investigate it ....... SCOTT >>>>> why don't you find out how LeisurePro got your equipment ? Did they buy it from one of your authorized dealers ? Did it fall off a truck ? Did it walkout the backdoor at the Zeagle warehouse while nobody was looking ? Please report back to the board with any information you can find. I know that authorized dealers (like SCUBATOYS) would like to know what steps you are taking to solve this kind of problem.

Scott now has my regulator, and the serial number, he has bent over backwards to help me and I really appreciate it. I did'nt realize I was buying off the "grey market". LP has a huge website and sells lots of different brands of dive equipment. Having always bought dive equipment from my LDS I didnt realize there was this grey market. I have been a diver since 1978 and just sold a 20 year old sherwood magmum. I try to buy good equipment and use it for a long time, that is why I was buying the Zeagle. If I had found this website before I bought I would have been better educated. I would also like to know how these regulators and other dive equipment gets into the gray market. I would think that LP has a large stock of Zeagle products.
I would'nt think that much equipment could walk out the back door.

Pretty easy how LP gets the stuff. They buy out authorized dealers. There is nothing that ANY company can do about that. That is why a lot of the manufacturers are going with some type of incentive to stop this...eg. free parts for life, no warranty. Of course there are more way than this but that is one easy way.

I would also doubt that any dive company knows who got what serial numbered item. Would be like a auto plant being able to tell that I have my truck and where I buoght it just from the VIN.

I purchased the Zeagle Flathead 6 1st &2nd stage, and the envoy delux from my LDS. I found the same set-up on LP for $300 less then my LDS. However I was informed by my LDS that there would be no warrenty if I went online. It's a great reg, I have 30 dives on it already and love it. I had no idea until now that LP are not autherized dealers. I have purchased a couple pairs of Fins from them. Almost got the reg. and a wisdom computer<still don't have one>............. Great place for advice... Scott you have been a great help

kabluton:
Scott, You seem very approachable and I have always wanted to know something about this "authorized" and "non-authorized" dealer thing. If Leisurepro is not an authorized Zeagle dealer, how is it that they acquire your products? Obviously they are getting a darn good price on them to be able to underprice most other places. It just seems strange that if you do not want them to sell your equipment they wouldn't be able to get it at a decent price. Always wanted to know the answer to this. Thanks!

Keith

Me too. How does LP get all that Zeagle equipment without being an authorized dealer?
From China? Somebody is buying a sh**load of equipment, and not becoming a dealer.

if Leisurepro is buying from a "authorized dealer" then reselling it then that "dealer" needs to be identified. Zeagle can stop selling to any one of it's "authorized" dealers if they find out this is going on. If Zeagle really wants to stop the "grey" marketing of it merchandise then they need to take steps to shut down such dealerships.

Back
Top Bottom