Zeagle help needed

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mantasscareme:
stupid question: is it possible that you forgot to set your venturi valve from pre-dive to dive?

Even if he did, it shouldn't be as hard to breathe off of as he makes it seem...

I have done 80 and 90 ft dives with the reg set in the "pre-dive" position and never had a problem...

Scott

ScottZeagle:
Mart,

Like I told you in your PM, I will talk to the regulator people firstthing Monday morning and get back to you ASAP.

We have sold LOTS of Envoy regs, and yours is the first complaint I have seen or heard of. Obviously something is wrong with it, but it is quite difficult to diagnose a problem over the internet!!! If there is no dealer near you, you can send it to me by UPS on Monday and we will have it on Wednesday. I can have the techs look at it, and most likely send it back out the same day we get it in. I don't know when you are leaving for Coz, but that is probably the best I can do...

Scott

Thanks Scott

I will try to get by UPS sometime monday and send it off. If you can turn it around that quickly it would be great. The cozumel trip in planned for mid Aug. I just get worried when I send off equipment, my Citizen Promaster has been recieving a new battery for two months now.

Mart

Mart371256:
Thanks Scott

I will try to get by UPS sometime monday and send it off. If you can turn it around that quickly it would be great. The cozumel trip in planned for mid Aug. I just get worried when I send off equipment, my Citizen Promaster has been recieving a new battery for two months now.

Mart

**This is me breathing a sigh of relief...**

Mid-August is no problem at all!! I was afraid you were leaving this coming Friday or something!!!

Regardless, we will get it in, check it out thoroughly, and figure out what's up with it...

No worries, Mart!!!

Scott

Mantasscareme:
stupid question: is it possible that you forgot to set your venturi valve from pre-dive to dive?

You were reading my mind.

Conditions on the dive, or possibly combined with predive anxiety, could cause a diver breathing a Zeagle regulator in the minus position to get less air than desired.

The venturi lever controls a sleeve that rotates over the orifice and directs the air flow into the diaphragm intentionally, to prevent unwanted air leaks. This means the diver is working against the flow of air, rather than getting some or all of the air directed to the mouth piece. Divers should try the regulator out in all positions of the venturi lever to get familiar with it.

A simple way I tell my students to remember the Zeagle venturi position, without having to look at it, is: "if you want more air, pull it to you; if you don't, push it away."

It's really rare for a regulator to go out from the factory improperly set, but not impossible. And sometimes if a regulator has been sitting on a shelf for a long time the seat could need replacing by the time it gets sold. This would most likely cause a leak rather than poor breathing however.

Thankfully there is time for Zeagle to get it checked out and returned. I'm sure Scott will personally attend to it.

Chad

I sent my reg off on Monday. It should arrive on Wednesday. I'm sure with Scotts reputation be taken of

Mart

Mart371256:
I believe I bought it from liesure pro but I am not at home right not to check that.

Thanks Mart

Mart,

In my efforts to fix your problem, I totally overlooked the fact that you may have bought it from an unauthorized dealer. Since I have already offered to look at it, I will honor my word and do so. If you have problems in the future, however, you will need to send it back to the place of purchase!

Scott

Hey Scott,

What would take place if I bought my regs from an authorized dealer but they have gone out of business? This shouldn't be an issue with my Brigade since I bought it from Scubatoys and registered it online. But what would happen? Is this where the receipt steps in and saves my butt?

crpntr133:
Is this where the receipt steps in and saves my butt?

Yes, Wally.

Your original reciept from an authorized dealer is your "proof of purchase" and should be kept in a safe place.

Our online Product Registration is simply a notice to us that you have our product. It gives us a database to pull from in case there is a recall required, or specific marketing that we want to do to consumers that already own Zeagle gear. IT IS NOT A WARRANTY REGISTRATION.

In the event that the dive shop you bought your original gear from goes out of business, you can take it to any other Zeagle dealer. If there are no other Zeagle dealers in your area, you can send it in to us for servicing, but our labor rates are probably a bit higher than you would pay locally....

Hope this helps...

Scott

ScottZeagle:
Even if he did, it shouldn't be as hard to breathe off of as he makes it seem...

I have done 80 and 90 ft dives with the reg set in the "pre-dive" position and never had a problem...

Scott

I definitely agree with you there Scott, I leave all my Zeagle regs on "pre-dive" when I dive, they breath so well I never had thought to bother moving the lever.

Back
Top Bottom