Zeagle F8 reg

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

For the same price, why not buy an Atomic that has better performance and reliability? I don't see the point of the F8 when Atomic, a sister company, has better regulators at around the same price.

I am seriously curious to find out why so, F8 instead of one of the Atomic regulators?

I challenge you sir in a blind test to tell the difference between the two...looking for a cheap ticket to your location, fancy some warm weather...can you put me up for a week or two?

I challenge you sir in a blind test to tell the difference between the two...looking for a cheap ticket to your location, fancy some warm weather...can you put me up for a week or two?

You want to come to Libya and dive with me???

Absolutely, I'd love to, just waiting for the winning lottery ticket. Jokes aside, I actually would. Spent about a year in the Middle East many moons ago and loved it.

It isn't expensive to stay and dive in Libya especially with the very low value of the local currency. The airfare maybe the most expensive part of the deal :)

I am trying to set up a "exploration expedition" for my friends in the US and Europe in the coming year or so when the conditions are right here. Logistics are very difficult in Libya now but there is so much to discover, explore and document.

It isn't expensive to stay and dive in Libya especially with the very low value of the local currency. The airfare maybe the most expensive part of the deal :)

I am trying to set up a "exploration expedition" for my friends in the US and Europe in the coming year or so when the conditions are right here. Logistics are very difficult in Libya now but there is so much to discover, explore and document.

Out of curiosity I'm going to find out how much an airfare is. What's the nearest airport?

Out of curiosity I'm going to find out how much an airfare is. What's the nearest airport?

Tripoli or Misrata. You will have to fly to Istanbul or Tunis and then take a flight on a local airliner to Tripoli or Misrata. The flight from Istanbul or Tunis to Tripoli is inexpensive. Just look up the flights to Istanbul and Tunis.

Back to the original subject.

Potential purchasers may want to know that the F8 first stage is actually manufacturered overseas and only "assembled" in the us. It looks similar to ocean divers supply and sea divers regulators, only finished differently.

The second stage now has the same technology used in the atomic second stages.

From what i remember, you can't soak the first/second stage without water entering it. Its the orifice seat saver that allows water to enter unless its pressurized. Someone correct me if im wrong.

If you have the dust cap on the first stage, water won't enter the ss LP hose since there is always air in the hose at 1 ATA and water can't just push itself in unless you intentionally want to do it.

Last edited:
If you have the dust cap on the first date, water won't enter the ss LP hose since there is always air in the hose at 1 ATA and water can't just push itself in unless you intentionally want to do it.

What about on the second stage? I remember watching a promo video on it which said not to soak it in a bucket but rinse with the hose/second stage facing down so water cant enter. It was specifically the orifice seat saver in the second stage that lifts when not pressurized to reduce wear, but in turn it doesnt seal like typical. Is this not the case? Can you soak it completely submerged in a rinse bucket no problem?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom