Zeagle F8 reg

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubaNYC16

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
There are barely any reviews online. This reg looks awesome and curious for some feedback for anyone that owns this. Thanks!

I've had a F8 for a little over a year. Excellent reg! It replaced a F7, which was also excellent, that's why I went with the F8. Super easy breather. Couldn't think that it would be that much better over the F7. The adjustability is fantastic for dialing in the perfect flow. The first stage is a little lighter than the FH. My main and octo are both F8. So, it sharing the partner has the same adjustability. Great for training activities.

Recently, picked up an Aqualung Legend LUX. I'd say the Legend is on par with the F7, but not quite the F8. Not as easy to breath. The F8 on 1/4 open was about equivalent to the Legend wide open. Just my opinion.

I put about a little over 20 dives with mine, no problems and like stated above a easy breather. My daugther has a Apollo Z3, tried her Octopus on a safety stop and I like my F8 more. Both are great and could be that I was just more use to the F8.

Forgot that I posted this but I bought the F8 and have close to 100 dives on it and love it.

For the same price, why not buy an Atomic that has better performance and reliability? I don't see the point of the F8 when Atomic, a sister company, has better regulators at around the same price.

I am seriously curious to find out why so, F8 instead of one of the Atomic regulators?

I did a lot of research when I bought it. Atomic owns Zeagle and it’s a lot of the same components as their high end regs and not the same price. Retails for around $600 but I paid $399. I love how it looks and was also rated best buy by one of the scuba mags. I use Atomic SS1 as octopus.

It is the mk17 alternative for huish. Sealed diaphragm without a turret.

Not a bad reg but a significant number of people prefer getting something with a turret.

LIke on a tank.
images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSTKzraeXJy4LgmuehWK6kqx-25P_mqrkiOOTqJHJQbkg9FmZdyhw.jpg

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom