Zeagle F8 whistling

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jherny

Contributor
Reaction score
Hi, I have a Zeagle F8 setup just serviced that has been whistling and shop doesn't find anything wrong with it. 2 dives ago it was whistling the entire dive while breathing fine and I had the shop look at it but they didn't find anything just made sure things were lubed up. This last dive it was intermittent but still whistling, again it breathes fine i played with the adjustment knob and lever and nothing changes the whistling.

Any idea what it could be?

Hi pitched when taking a normal breath? No noise going real slow or real fast?

have you decided if its a first or second stage noise? Do you know your IP pressure?

Hi pitched when taking a normal breath? No noise going real slow or real fast?

have you decided if its a first or second stage noise? Do you know your IP pressure?
Yeah high pitched during normal breath, and fast breath, not so much during slow. Can’t tell if it’s 1st or 2nd stage. Originally I thought it was 2nd but I hear something on 1st outside the water

Yeah high pitched during normal breath, and fast breath, not so much during slow. Can’t tell if it’s 1st or 2nd stage. Originally I thought it was 2nd but I hear something on 1st outside the water
Usually something like a rapid pressure change across a sharp surface, do you have another first stage to try the second on to help isolate the source.

Use your octo. If you still hear it, it's the first stage.

Yeah i
Use your octo. If you still hear it, it's the first sta
Use your octo. If you still hear it, it's the first stage.
Yeah it’s definitely 1st stage. I took it back to the shop and was told the “pin” may not be seating properly so they lubed it up some to see if it helps because it looks straight. Next thing would be to replace the “pin”

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom