Zeagle Envoy vs. Envoy Deluxe?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Buoyant1

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Any major reason/benefit to get the Envoy Deluxe over the plain Envoy?

Looking for my first reg, and from what I've read, it seems like a good workhorse reg for the price.

Thanks all!

If so buy the delux. If not buy the envoy. That's the difference.

Envoy deluxe comes with the ZX second stage which has a heat synch in it for cold water. However, the first stage on either reg is NOT environmentally sealed, therefore not recommended below 50 degree water.

If you want to go colder, I would go with the DSV which also has the ZX second stage. I have 3 of them, great regs.

Is there any benefit to the knob?

Or is it something that you set and forget, and hope you don't bump it and struggle to breath, etc...

Thanks again!

Parrothead_Diver:
Just in case you are wondering, the "knob" is a manual flow control to adjust breathing resistance.

My $0.02, get the Deluxe.

Buoyant1:
Is there any benefit to the knob?

Or is it something that you set and forget, and hope you don't bump it and struggle to breath, etc...

Thanks again!
The knob allows you to adjust the ease of breathing as your depth changes. I also allows you to cut back on the amount of gas coming out of the second stage at shallower depths.

The biggest difference in the two regs is the second stage on the deluxe is made for cold water as I previously posted. Other than, both are fine regs.

Quarrior:
Envoy deluxe comes with the ZX second stage which has a heat synch in it for cold water.
I don' think there is a heat sink on the second stage. Otherwise there would be an environmental seal aswell. http://zeagle.com/index.php?src=gendocs&link=EnvoyDeluxe&category=Regulators If you are just starting to dive, and thus staying above 100ft. or so, you wouldn't reallynotice a difference. The best part is that if you want to upgrade later on it will only cost you about $40-50 for the knob. A service tech can remove the plastic cap and replace it with the knob. No big deal. What is the price difference where you are looking? If it is less than $50 I would go for it. Looking in the long term.

Quarrior:
According to this link there is a heat exchanger in the Deluxe second stage. http://zeagle.com/index.php?submenu=Models&src=gendocs&link=regcomparison&category=Regulators

Brian

Brian,

Sorry, your source, (our comparison chart), is flawed. Oops!
The Envoy Deluxe is definitely a warm water regulator only. It was the first model of our top performing second stage regulators to be paired up with a non-sealed first stage. Then the Flathead XP followed it. Neither have heat sinks by design.
The individual stats sheet on the regulator is correct and does not list the heat sink, but if you look close at the photo, it does show a hint of one. We'll have to get that fixed too.

IMHO the dual controls are well worth the slight increase in price. Both regulators pulled perfect breathing scores on the Ansti lab breathing machine in the Scuba Diving Magazine report. All alone in their price ranges too!
If you live in a tropical or temperate latitude, and a huge % of the diving world does, or they only travel there. So they don't need seals and heat sinks.
Otherwise I agree, get a DSV.

Thanks for considering a Zeagle!
Chad

Chad Carney:
Brian,

Sorry, your source, (our comparison chart), is flawed. Oops! Chad
Chad, you really know how to hurt a guy. :wink:

So, does this mean you make different versions of the ZX second stage? I have 4 of them I'm using for cold water. Two are on DSIV/Vs and one is on a Envoy Deluxe I added the Environmental seal kit to. Do I need to replace the second stages? If so, what do I need?

rescuediver009 sorry about that.

Brian

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom