Zeagle Envoy vs. Envoy Deluxe?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Quarrior:
Chad, you really know how to hurt a guy. :wink:

So, does this mean you make different versions of the ZX second stage? I have 4 of them I'm using for cold water. Two are on DSIV/Vs and one is on a Envoy Deluxe I added the Environmental seal kit to. Do I need to replace the second stages? If so, what do I need?

rescuediver009 sorry about that.

Brian
Like the apeks, the heat sink for the zeagle is just a piece of stainless with a couple fins on it that would replace the little plastic piece at the connection. I would say that they cost about $35 each. They can be ordered from zeagle and installed easily.
By the way..... ha ha told ya so :wink:

Brian,

I'm going to pass the buck...blame the web department!

Actually there is only one ZX second stage. The Envoy Deluxe would be called an XP second stage because it does not have the metal ribbed piece. There was also a change in the heat transmitter part about a year ago. They used to have rings running in a circular fashion, and now they have a more lateral slotted look seen below of the DS V. It works much better now with the new design. If you clicked on the Envoy deluxe it had the right picture also.
http://www.zeagle.com/index.php?submenu=Regulators&src=gendocs&link=ZXDSV

You need only that one part to complete your morphing of the Env. Dlx into a full DSV.
Your dealer can get it pretty quick. He might even cannabilize one for you on the spot if you ask nicely and he has has enough regs to cover it.

Again sorry for the confusion.

Chad

I appreciate all of the info!

I'll let ya know how I make out..I'm planning to take a trip to the LDS tomorrow, and talk it out with them.

For what it's worth, I tried an Envoy side-by-side with a ZX, and there was a remarkable difference in how much easier the ZX breathed to me. I think the Envoy is great for an octo, but for ease of breathing I would choose the ZX, or the Envoy Deluxe.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom