Zeagle Envoy inhalation "peep"

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

keyshunter

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
5000 - ∞
I have been diving a Zeagle Envoy Deluxe for about a year, mostly as a backup--less than 40 dives. It breathes ok, but certainly no better than many other regs I have tried. Recently, it began giving a short "peep" sound at the very end of each inhalation. IP locks up solidly at about 135 after about a 3-4 psi creep, as it has since new. It does not matter where I set the inhalation control knob, the sound is still audible. Any ideas about what I should check?

Its an interesting one, I would say its definately a 1st stage issue, some other regs I know of make a kind of whistle sound at the end of the inhalation after a period of use. Generally it has to do with the HP seat (Valve), sometimes the air flow over the seat causes a kind of whistle sound and some manufacturers have issued upgraded seats to eliminate this noise, could it be that maybe?

You could up the intermediate to 150 psi (which is still in spec - 135psi is the bottom spec range) and see what happens, but other than an intermediate pressure issue or the seat, I cant imagine what else it could be.

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom