Zeagle BC's

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Aragorn

Reaction score
Well, after alot of research(mostly on this board), and through the advice of a friend on a Reef forum that I moderate on, we've decided upon Zeagle BC's. We just purchased a "Zena" model for my wife today. I will be purchasing the "Ranger" model within a few days. My buddy on Reefland(saltwater aquaria forum) dives regularly in the Florida Keys and feels that they're the best. This board is way cool! I'm glad you folks are here(since I know next to nothing about SCUBA gear :D ).

Thanks Tavi.
As far as what's next....hmmmm....not sure. The prices we got were better than we had anticipated sooooo, perhaps regulators? Don't know yet. I'm taking it one step at a time. :)

Regulators would be a good choice.
Yes, it's good to go slow and take your time.
When I started buying my gear I wanted it all at once.
I got it as funds allowed, and made good choices thanks to the help I got here. If I had rushed I wouldn't have the gear I have today.

Tavi and Aragorn...

Like many divers, I have reached the point in my diving career when I realize that you can never have enough gear and you can never get it fast enough!

Heck, today is my 1 year anniversary in diving, I do already have a solid set of basic stuff, but now I want the expensive stuff!! :)

Just got dry suit qualified so now I want one of those...and a good camera....and an eventual upgrade to an OMS IQ bp/wings, and a Dive-Rite Nitek3 computer......steel tanks.....additional regulators.....

and the list grows every day.

Anyhow.....Aragorn, I have over 45 dives in my Zeagle Ranger. It will take a bit of getting used to and setting it up how you like it (but that's with any BC or new bit of gear). But once you've got it the way you want it, you'll be as efficient and having as much fun as a dolphin!

You will never go wrong with Zeagle BC, they are a top of the line product. You made a great choice and with proper care it will last you decades. There are a lot of great BC’s out there,but for my money and diving pleasure Zeagle makes the best. Good Luck and safe diving.

Arduous

Texas Mike,
I know exactly how you feel. I too am looking at drysuits and thinking about doubles,and more training.. I'm looking at moving toward technical wreck diving..........very, very slowly of course.(no flames please, I said very, very slowly):D:

Hi Aragron,

I dive a Rangers as well and like it a lot. I added a couple of weight pockets to the back for trim weights and find putting a couple of pounds in them helpful.

Tavi....

Instead of
"If we're ever gonna see a rainbow, we gotta stand a little rain."

How about this?
"If we're ever gonna see a rainbow, we gotta stand out in the rain." .
-.. . -.- .- ....- .... .- --

Well, they arrived today(nice Xmas present to us :) ). Very nice BC's. Excellent fit too. I paid $235 for the Zena and $245 for the Ranger. Do you folks think I got a good deal? They're brand new too.

Aragorn,

The deal you got was execellent, as I remember I paid around $400.00 for my ranger. But that was way before this Board and Internet prices.

Merry Christmas

ID

Back
Top Bottom