Zeagle BC's

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I believe your choices in BC's will meet no resistance. Of all the boards I've visited and all the divers I've met down through the years, I have yet to meet or hear from a dissatisfied Zeagle owner! I myself do not own one yet.....but in about 2 - 3 months I plan on springing for either the Zeagle Tech or the Zeagle Tech Pac. Good luck!
Norm

I think your choice of Zeagle is a excellent ! I have used the OMS back plate and harness as well as the IQ harness with weight intergration. Although I found these to be excellent for some of dive applications ( doubles and various configuration changes). I felt that the quality of the stitching was lacking. I had to have it restitched in a couple areas in a very short time.
I am now currently using the Zeagle Tech and I am very happy with the Quality, performance and options of the product. 95 % of my diving is cold water with the high temp @67 F and the low @ about 34 F with air temps in the colder months well below freezing! As you can imagine this takes its toll on your gear and very short time!

Great choice !

I am looking at the ranger after reading all the stuff here and asking questions.
Now my wife is looking at the zena.
We are both new to scuba but have be bitten hard by such a great sport.
Any comments on the zena.
Any advice on where to get a deal, on a ranger and zena.

Get your wife the Ranger too. It's good for the both of you. Don't short change her.

............ Arduous ..............

You've made a good choise that you'll probably enjoy for years of diving.

Now all that is left is the diving itself. Have a great time using your new gear.

Ari =-)

One person to ask on this board about the "Ranger for him, Zena for her" is Zagnut (see his really good post about Cozumel in the trips section). What you are asking about is what he and his wife has.

Yes, NetDoc, she is the one with the Zena

I also, will take a dozen. I am a Zeagle dealer and I can't get a price like that!

I love my Ranger and the wife loves her Zena! I'm a reccie not a techie, but if you are not planning to get into hardcore tech diving, the Ranger is plenty o' BC fer me. The Ranger can handle moderate tech diving applications. For hardcore tech stuff (like DIR) you'll probably want to go backplate system.
In cozumel I had ample places to clip things on my Ranger. I added a couple of those little Zeagle split ring attachments in addition to the BC's D-rings, and got me a couple of those brass clips..not sure what their called (like the kind you use for a dog leash). I had my console, octo, knife, safety sausage, dive lite, li'l dive back up lite, and worked out a cool way to clip my UW camera to my BC that keeps it out of the way when not being used and still attached to my BC when being used..and I can giant stride off the boat without it smacking me or me smacking it (granted it's a reefmaster with no external strobe...yet..:) ). I've got all my toys situated so they are out of my way, keep my profile low, and are all easily accessible. Of course I had to stand in the mirror before we left on our trip with all my gear on, configuring and reconfiguring until I found just the right configuration for me. My wife makes fun of me because every time I get a new gadget, I have to go through this process. :freak: Love those D-rings!

Not as many places for clippin' on the Zena, but I put a couple of those split ring attachments on her BC so she has a couple of places to clip her console, and lites and the like. The Zena has a detachable front plate so you can get the one that fits you best. She loves the way it snugs up to her. With men's small BCs, she always had a problem with the BC shifting on her. With her Zena, it stays put and it's shaped to fit a woman. It's a back inflate so she doesn't feel the squeeze of a jacket style BC and she loves how light they are. She says she can hardly tell it's there. It's also small enough to pack into a carry on bag for flying. If she wanted to, she could pack all her gear into a carry on bag. I can't do that with my gear. I would recommend to any woman if she's a reccie and not a techie, to check out the Zena before buying a BC. My wife absolutely loves hers.

Back
Top Bottom