Z Gear BCD Mount - Gordon's Bay, Sydney.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

pH-aus

Registered
Reaction score
I've had the Z Gear BCD mount for a while now, but haven't had a real chance to use it until now. I am planning a trip to the GBR and would love to have something set up to constantly record. At first I felt the bcd inflator hose would get in the way of the BCD mount, so I strapped it to the right side, but the regulator kept getting in the way and some times it would feel down right restrictive.

Like another person on this board suggested, I felt that I could thread my 2nd stage hose underneath my arm but I did not want to do that as it would change the way I dive, just to suit this device.

I've taken footage of various dives but they are always for personal use, I like to remember my dives but I came across a promotional offer where Z Gear would send out a free extension pack for the mount, so I figured I would jump on board to take advantage of the offer.

Enjoy!

https://vimeo.com/77305373

I've had the Z Gear BCD mount for a while now, but haven't had a real chance to use it until now. I am planning a trip to the GBR and would love to have something set up to constantly record. At first I felt the bcd inflator hose would get in the way of the BCD mount, so I strapped it to the right side, but the regulator kept getting in the way and some times it would feel down right restrictive.

Like another person on this board suggested, I felt that I could thread my 2nd stage hose underneath my arm but I did not want to do that as it would change the way I dive, just to suit this device.

I've taken footage of various dives but they are always for personal use, I like to remember my dives but I came across a promotional offer where Z Gear would send out a free extension pack for the mount, so I figured I would jump on board to take advantage of the offer.

Enjoy!

Thanks for your sharing your footage , and I am certain that you will like the new extension for the mount! Just PM us your mailing address so we can get one out to you, right away!

Enjoy!

they have this mount for left shoulder now .. It takes much better video .. My sister used this recently and works great

This footage was shot, mounted on my left side. The right side video had the regulator hose randomly appearing in a lot of the shots. I am working the correct camera angles, but the extension kit would help as I could get a better idea of where the camera is aiming. While I can reach the camera easily at the moment, I still have to do a lot of guess work.

Also I find that while swimming with hands infront of me, it blocks the majority of the shot, so I need to tweak the angles further. One thing I was interested in is the method of twisting the mount so it is facing forwards. My girlfriend says that would be annoying as it would always be infront of you, but I think it would be a nice easy way to keep my hands out of the frame, and also be sure of what I am recording.

pH-aus, Your extension kit is on it's way. Have fun with it and let us know how you like it.

yeah i just posted a short video i took with it.. worked great on the left!! easy to change the angle and adjust it to how ever you like..:) have fun on your trip..:)

Still using it without the extension, and I'm finding it very hard to angle correctly. I can imagine that with the extension I'll be able to have a better estimate at what my gopro is shooting.

This is the first time I have come across this mount. I have been looking for some way to mount my GoPro to the lens port of my underwater stills camera. I have an Olympus camera in an Olympus housing and and I am wondering whether I could somehow adapt this mount with an extra velcro strap so that it goes around the lens port barrel. This is the housing, but unfortunately I can't find a web site with a side on view of the port.PT-EP10 Underwater Case for E-PL5 | Olympus

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom