Yow's-Jamaica. 1st underwater photos.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jamdiver

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
After much waiting and 'almost' diving, finally was able to dive earlier today even with the threat of a nasty cold front over the island.

Insights gained about diving with a camera -
Hmmm all knowledge gained above ground on photography quickly goes out of my head as I u/w become an overexcited dog chasing the 'ball'.

The ball in this case is whatever fish happens to grace my lcd's monitors.
Vaguely remembered little nuggets of knowledge as get closer, get lower, zoom with your fins etc.
All thoughts that I had prior to the dive of only photographing macro or slow moving objects went out of my mind, sort of became a free for all :D :).

Messy and unorganized but fun :wink: :) :D.
Here are the results!!
Please check out the other pics in my gallery.
http://www.scubaboard.com/gallery/showgallery.php/cat/1469

My absolute favorite - excuse the backscatter wasn't able to remove it
55076_1137382713_IMG_1611.JPG

Another hamlet
55076_1137382713_IMG_1642.JPG

Gorgeous colors
55076_1137382713_IMG_1646.JPG

Beautiful view
55076_1137381467_IMG_1696.JPG

Brittle star?
55076_1137381467_IMG_1659.JPG

Macro of a beautiful coral
55076_1137380738_IMG_1719.JPG

Rather defiant damselfish that I noticed on the 2nd dive.
55076_1137380738_IMG_1760.JPG

thanks bud, i found the owner,lol, i took a picture to help photo shop it for (omally) while i was working on the picture i walked away from computer and my daughter shut it all down, so when i was done with the picture i could not find the thread or owner, thanks again i found the proper thread, and again your pix are sharp, nice job!!!!!:wink:

Very nice shots, Jamdiver...my favorite is the seventh. Yeah, I know what ya' mean...once underwater, "now, what was that I was going to shoot? Hey, look at that..." LOL

Thanks, looking back now I don't know why I didn't get closer or zoom in a bit more on the damselfish to fill the frame.

I have lots of other shots took about 166, will be adding a few more to my gallery.

Very nice Jam.

whacky084.gif

very nice, Jam...

i love the two pics of the barred hamlet

also nice pic of the bicolor damselfish... yeah, they are
territorial little suckers... the only fish that has ever bitten
me underwater was a tiny frigging damselfish

rude buggers

I like, I like. Good pics and you'll only get better. Did you feel like a little boy with a brand new toy? :D How was your air consumption? I know mine sucked my first time with my camera. I just zoomed from one pretty fishy to another. Shortest dive I've ever had outside of my OW cert dives.

Now, go out and dive some more and post more pics :D .

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom