You're at 84 ft and you see a school of bullsharks. Now what?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wijbrandus:
<SNIP>

...Though you can kind of "reason" with a bear...

Voop:
Sorry to say it, but this sure sounds like the quick-path to a Darwin-award to me.... :wink:

I think you could sort of reason with a Black bear, as they are in most cases pretty timid, but Grizzley and Brown bears are the bear equivalents of Bull Sharks and what Teddy wants, Teddy is probably going to get.

My post was referring to the black bears, which is what we have in Colorado. They can be "reasoned with" mostly through pepper spray, rocks, and loud yelling. As far as Darwin Awards go, I think Voop, being in Europe, might not have quite the same education on bears as someone who lives around them, and I'm willing to cut him some slack on that. If all I knew about bears was what I read in books, I'd be scared to death of them too. Kind of like sharks.

The mountain lions, now, that's a whole different story...

How the heck did all of these bears get to 84', and what are they doing about all those sharks?

They are islamic extremist bears, and hijacked the thread. :)

My apologies for the sidetracking. I did try to let it die...

You almost got it ReefGuy ...

Deploy your Long Bear towards the shark. If that doesn't scare him away, either go to your backup (bungied) bear or have your buddy deploy his.
03.gif
. We like to practice our B-Drills every couple of dives...

In all seriousness it is the group that you are with that determines how you act. In French Polynesia where I was there were black tip reef sharks everwhere. Everyone just ignores them, so you do too. It is a little creepy looking behind you to find a couple sort of following your group along, but I'd liken them to curious dogs...

Mark

ReefGuy:
How the heck did all of these bears get to 84', and what are they doing about all those sharks?

I'm sure this works well for the DIR guys, but what about those of us that don't carry a long bear?

mweitz:
Deploy your Long Bear towards the shark. If that doesn't scare him away, either go to your backup (bungied) bear or have your buddy deploy his.

Well, you can of course deploy a short bear, just not quite as scary :D

Mark

I'm really confused now, the bears are a football team, the sharks are a hockey team, the tigers are a baseball team and the bulls are a basketball team. Now how can they all be in the same area at the same time? :D

dlndavid:
I'm really confused now, the bears are a football team, the sharks are a hockey team, the tigers are a baseball team and the bulls are a basketball team. Now how can they all being the same area at the same time? :D
It’s part of a new multiculturalism initiative to prevent segregation of fans. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom