Your Regulator of Choice?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Atomic B2 reg (both stages for primary); Apeks XTX50 2nd stage octo (both brands are within IP tolerances, so it works). Why the different vendors...? Got the Apeks new on a good deal (someone stole the 1st stage from the LDS).

Love them both, however, love the B2 breath-ability just a bit more... absolutely no change regardless of depth (well, down to at least 160' that I personally know of).

Swapped out all the LP hoses (including the swivel on the B2) for LP MiFlex, and good to go...

DS4/XTX50. If I didn't own so many of these I would be taking a hard look at the HOG's and Zeagle.

Started with Oceanic then moved to Mares (can't remember the particular models of both brands). After trying out an apeks which was lent by an LDS, then bought apeks xtx 200 which was subsequently replaced by an apeks xtx 200 tungsten. Was extremely satisfied with the performance of my apeks, until i acquired an atomic t2x, which is now my personal choice when it comes to breathing performance.

For diving cold,deep or in fact any tpye diving i enjoy my poseidon x-stream.

Mares Abyss. I have dove this reg for 11 years in the cold water of the Great Lakes without any problems. I like the fact that has a non adjustable second stage, no fidddling with knobs and levers, just go dive and it. It is an easy breathing reg at any temperature and depth.

I love my AL's they have never let me down. My favorites have been the Legend and now the Apex Flight- because of the diving I do, they are perfect. I 100% can tell the difference between the two.

just got the AL Titan LX...trying to sell my Mk11/S550 set up now :wink:

Many of my regulators are "FrankenRegs".... I mix brands between first and 2nd stages as the mood strikes me.... Mares, Zeagle and Scubapro are currently in the "lab"....

"Igor, pass me the IP guage and hex wrenches...."

:D

Lots of wonderful new and old regulators out there... I just have fun with them, and don't worry too much about who made them.

Best wishes.

So who's the "Bride of Frankenreg"? :D

So who's the "Bride of Frankenreg"? :D

Why, that would be Missus LeadTurn_SD, of course.

Hope she doesn't read this..... :rofl3:

Best wishes.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom