Your max depth!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

To date, my max depth has been 89 FSW....

What am I comfortable to go to??? As deep as I am trained to go. If I'm OW, it'd be 100, maybe 110. If I were Trimix, it would be a lot deeper. It all depends on the training for me

107'. I get VERY paranoid at that depth, so I am going to stay right around there or above for a while. I don't want to test my limits of how narced I can get.

130 ft is the deepest I've been. I was comfortable then and I imagine I would be deeper still, I'm just going to get the proper training and knowledge before I go there.

233 ft. on air at "Old Blue" in Bonaire.

Bonaire is a great place to do that sort of thing!

BDSC
I hate to join the ranks of the nannies on Scubaboard, but the usual suspects seem to have fallen down on the (useful!) job. BDSC, I am sure that you planned this dive, brought adequate gas, calculated the PO2, and accepted the considerable risk of exceeding the generally accepted PO2 limits. Other divers wishing to do a similar dive should also be aware of these risks.

172, on a planned deco dive. How far i'm willing to go i guess depends more on what i am going to see.... :wink: I suppose I'd draw the line at around 200 or so. Frankly? I never really noticed much difference, other than it was bluer and perhaps a little darker the deeper i went.

I am probably one of the few who has been freediving deeper than scuba. I have always been much more into freediving than scuba.

My deepest freedive was to 148 feet (45m). I did this with very competent spotters.

I really don't know what my deepest tank dive was, I never really kept track of it, but I'm guessing it is probably around 110feet (33m).

Last edited:
2,000 meters ... but it was in a sub.

To date, my max depth has been 89 FSW....

What am I comfortable to go to??? As deep as I am trained to go. If I'm OW, it'd be 100, maybe 110. If I were Trimix, it would be a lot deeper. It all depends on the training for me

I correct that....I did a doubles dive today, and went down to 95 :D

I had to keep going to another website to find conversion tables for all this imperial talk.

something like 174 ft (53.1 m was on the wrist) on air single tank deco stops planned, extra time at shallow depths, on a wall, where there was a reason to go there. Sleeping blacktips and whitetips and a bunch more not so sleeping at all. Do it again in the right conditions.

I haven't read all 26 pages of this, but I'm sure there are plenty of people that have weighed in with much vim and vigor about "depth junkies" and irresponsible behavior.

oh well

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom