Your max depth!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Fisheater, I thought 100 was the recreational limit (was a question on my OW exam :p). 130 you need a deep course. Well I mean you can dive to whatever you want, but I have heard insurance companies won't cover you beyond what you are certified to, and also some boat operators won't take you to dive sites that you aren't certified to.

Edit: looked it up and it says 130ft, guess I shouldn't have got that one wrong on my OW exam then!

Right.

Per PADI, max. depth for OW certified divers is 60 ft. and max depth for AOW certified divers is 130 ft. I happen to have both AOW and Deep certs., but only dive the depth that's needed for the dive.

44m is the deepest, most dives between 15-30, and my most enjoyable dives of late have mostly been in less than 10m...

Z...

51m in an educational chamber dive.
41m in the ocean - best dive ever as 3 hammerheads came in to circle the group a few times before moving off and just after that we saw a few bull sharks.
36m at altitude (about 1200m) on training dives

It was last year and 185 feet. Well, beyond my certification level but I must admit that I loved it just on the treshold where dark blue starts to turn darker :D
Would I do it again? No, especially without getting certified and having bought my doubles for that depth.

New maxes for me this past weekend...139' then 154'...was looking at fish, saw the next ledge..and decided to have a look...but as many have said...all the good stuff (plant/fish life) seems to be shallower..

129' is my deepest. It was on a wreck here. And, I was in class.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom