Your least favourite fish.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sea Lampreys.

I dunno, my wife was bitten by a humuhumunukunukuapuaa, off Kona, probably because we wouldn't feed it...:amazed:

I'm not a fan of Damsel Fish. I have been bitten on the ankle, wrist and lip by some of them.

I [...] am almost certain it is the Atlantic Sea Raven.
OK, thanks. Can't say I've ever seen one of those on this side of the pond.

Coral grouper bit two of my fingers, from behind, drawing blood. And then tried to bite me again. Also cleaning wrasse bit me on the ear. But both are kind of cute fishies so I guess I don't really hate them as such :)

Lionfish,even if I make money on them.
Aggressive sharks and those over 12' when close.
Triggerfish-have had 2 species bite me while lobstering,several times.

Swai,basa tilapia etc.....and those who try to foist them off as good eats.

Sergeant Majors. Mean nasty aggressive fishies. And they bite.
While Sergeant Majors are aggressive in guarding their nests, I see that as somewhat amusing. On the other hand, Damsel Fish are both smaller and more aggressive. I have never been bitten by a Sergeant Major, but I had a d@#$^d Damsel Fish nip me on Bonaire lat month - I was actually pointing the fish out to a diver next to me and the little fish bit me! It didn't hurt, but it sure surprised me. :)

My least favorite fish is whatever one I see on a dive that comes into view for a fleeting moment before vanishing into the green again not giving me a chance to enjoy his wonderful presence. At least stick around for a bit. Such is the life of a northeast diver

I've been bitten dozens of times by fishes ranging in size from damsels to 'cudas, but being bitten (or finned) has never caused me to dislike a fish, not even the marine catfish that put a hole in my foot that did not heal for a year. Lampreys are hideous slimy vampires, utterly nauseating.

Lion fish. Having been stung by one of the ba$+@rds makes it personnel The fact that I was in the process of killing it doesn't matter, it's still personnel. My fantasy would be to first eradicate them in the Caribe and once successful move on to the Pacific, ain't gonna happen but like the lottery there is no harm in dreaming.
Note: I do like them as Cerviche or grilled or fried.

Back
Top Bottom