Your least favourite fish.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sorry mods if this is wrong place to put this.

Just curious...
Blah...
blah blah,
blah blah blah......

Does anyone else have a fish they dont like? ....or is it just me.

I got here late.

And it is an exceedingly easy call.

I Hate,
I mean just HATE.....
Lionfish in the Atlantic Basin.

Chug
Enjoys eating Lions also..

Sharksuckers, when they decide I'm their shark, gives me the creeps when they bump me from behind or take a little nibble. Good reason for wearing a wetsuit
I second this vote. I've had remoras try to latch on to me a few times, and you can't shake them. Hell, I've seen one swimming around the boat taunting me and daring me to get back into the water on my surface interval. Nasty things they are.

Akimbo,try the Escolar.Yummy,but you gotta watch portions.We limit ourselves to about 2 oz each when ordering sushi.Haven't had any negative reaction yet.

Akimbo,try the Escolar.Yummy,but you gotta watch portions.We limit ourselves to about 2 oz each when ordering sushi.Haven't had any negative reaction yet.

Agreed, it tastes a lot like one of my favorites, a good sea bass. Unfortunately a genetic study found that Escolar is often sold in North America as sea bass fillets so there is no reason to limit the serving size. On me at least, the effects are within half an hour and the excretions are very oily. You can literally see it floating in the bowl.

I don't eat sea bass now unless I spear it or it is in a good sea food restaurant. The effect is so rapid that restaurant customers would be in the head before the bill was paid.

I hate un-attached Remoras because I had one try to attach to my bare thigh several times. He also went for other divers off the boat And they're ugly.

remora.jpg

Also cookie-cutter sharks in Hawaii. I don't know if they attack humans but they're named that because they cut a cookie sized circle of flesh from their prey. They're only 2' long but have oversized jaws for their size.

18lquivq5hb1.jpg

This is attributed to one:

Cookiecutter-Shark-bite-mark-on-Dolphin.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom