Your last meal ever (yes it is a food thread, you have been warned)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

They were perfectly light and crispy, one of the best I have ever had. I was sorry they closed, their name was ILE if I recall correctly. It was pretty upscale for Cozumel standards from an ambiance standpoint.

Los Otates....tacos for me and pozole for my wife.
Thanks for this little bit of magic!!! Who knew Pazole was so good? I had the pastor torta, wife had 3 different tacos, pastor, porch chop, gringa, all were faint damn tastic...add a small guacamole, a beer, and a Pepsi and we were out for $15 not including tip. I can't say it is better than Cuatro Tacos, CT's smoked chillier paste/sauce is amazing, but they are both equally as good.

Thanks again!!
Jay

Whatever happened to the old especias?
It's still there (or at least it was last May), but three or four years ago it went Italian. My wife and I went there expecting the "old" Especias but found that the menu had completely changed and Adrian is no longer running it, although I believe he is still the owner. I like Italian food, but it's not what I look for on Cozumel. We left and walked to Kondesa.

I would not go to San Miguel and not eat at Crazy King Burritos. If there is a better burrito I'd sure like to know about it (I've been to Gordito's).
I will have to go back in December and give Crazy King another try. My burrito was so over salted that I couldn't eat 1/2 of it. Hopefully an unknowing mistake. Big fan of Burrito Gordito breakfast burritos.

HANDS DOWN, BUCCANOS AT NIGHT.

I will have to go back in December and give Crazy King another try. My burrito was so over salted that I couldn't eat 1/2 of it. Hopefully an unknowing mistake. Big fan of Burrito Gordito breakfast burritos.

My girlfriend said Gordito's had the best breakfast burrito she'd ever eaten and I suspect she has eaten many :wink: It's sad to hear that your burrito was less than great. So far I have only ordered "Combo" burritos (CK) with the philosophy of "don't mess with perfection." I will most likely try one of their shrimp burritos next time.

I'm in Puerto Vallarta right now and can't seem to find any burritos like Gordito's or Crazy King. Fortunately I'm going to Cozumel in a few weeks and we will be staying near both burrito places :D What's popular here are "Tacos de Cabeza de Res." The locals eat them like it's the best thing they ever ate but I'm not quite ready to eat eyeballs and brains. Last night I read a sign at one place that sounds like you can pick which parts of the head you want to eat.

Lunch at Cucina Italiana. Always wonderful food... with fresh local ingredients. You get to see & then choose what you're going to eat. Service and setting is impeccable. Leave room for the tiramisu! 15 & 6 North.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom