Your last meal ever (yes it is a food thread, you have been warned)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

wildbill9

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Yep, one meal and you knew you would never get to go back....where would you go and what would you order? (We will be there for 8 nights and want to try to hit some of the best places, not the most expensive just the best)

Coconut crusted lionfish at La Perlita...and their grilled lobster.
Bacon lobster sandwhich at La Chef
Any of the tacos at Quattro Tacos
Banana cake and vanilla latte (extra sweet) at Coffee de Cozumel
Scallops at Guidos
Any of the drinks at The Thirsty Cougar
Lionfish Ceviche at La Perlita
Vanilla ice cream bar and pina colada Jorchata at the Michoacán behind the SE corner of the square
Breakfast at the Casa Mexicana buffet

Good luck, safe travels.
Jay

Tacos de Pulpo and/or tacos de cameron with a margarita grande at Camilo's, pork shank at Cielito Lindo, or catch of the day at a number of places, probably go with El Moro.

Tacos de Pulpo and/or tacos de cameron with a margarita grande at Camilo's, pork shank at Cielito Lindo, or catch of the day at a number of places, probably go with El Moro.

We were really hungry for some shrimp tacos, so stopped in Camilo's, as it was late and our choices were limited. We were pretty disappointed, and would rate them a 2.5 or 3 out of 5. La Floresta underneath the highway on the mainland on the south end of Playa, but north of Playacar is a 5 for us.

As per usual, we like the food a lot better in those places that seat us in plastic chairs.

Any of the tacos at Quattro Tacos

Good luck, safe travels.
Jay

They look good. Odd that we've never been. We love Mr. Taco on Juarez between 55 and 60. Tremendous to-go business. Hardest working pastor cook we've ever seen.

Sorry pic won't post
Whole fried fish at Chen Rio.

I'd have to say La Perlita, unfortunately they have been out of Lion Fish when I've been there but the coconut crusted (fish?) has still been fantastic & I really don't usually like coconut crusted fish - very light & fresh. Went to El Moro for 1st time yesterday and was very disappointed. Just so many great places it's hard to keep track. I really miss the "old" Especias also.

If you've never been you need to try Kinka, Kondessa & Guidos. These are nicer places but not too fancy, probably $15-$20 meals.

Has anybody tried the new Greek place on 30th & 3rd?

Back
Top Bottom