Your First Car....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

1978 sh*t brown Chevy Impala...

... are the greatest! I totally didn't expect this many people to reply! :) I'm not totally sure what I want my first car to be... but I think I want a truck. (Gotta haul dive gear somehow!) Plus, a lot of my family lives on farms.. and it would be a lot easier to get around in a truck! Also... thanks for the advice-on-the-side! It was awfully nice of ya'll. :D

Kayla:)

you guys all know the year?!

Talbot Horizon - no idea of the year! I bought it in 1986 and it was second hand so probably around 1980. Got written off by a pheasant three years later - well it was cheaper to scrap it after it totalled the radiator!

Will be eternally grateful to my grandfather for refusing to let my father buy his Austin Agro (sorry Allegro) of him for me!!

No car now - much cheaper to rent one the one weekend a month I need one!

Jonathan

ARO. Made in Romunia few parts from Dacia, few fro Renoult few from I don't know what:D .It had 65PS and weight was nearly 2 t.
You can imagine speed;-0 .

Hi!

First car? *sigh*....2000 Kia Rio

Hate the damn thing....still stuck with it though. In my crazy country the above which is amongst the cheapest of cars already costs US$44K. Figures why I can't afford anything else huh?
:(:(

a 1956 Ford sedan which I got for $100 and sold for the same. It burned more oil than gasoline and shimmied badly at speeds above 45 mph but it got me to the swimming pool where I guarded that summer.

Have only had a few cars since I started driving in 1964 since most were Toyotas and lasted as long as 22 years without accident or serious incident.

Dr. Bill

74 Jeep CJ-6.

Man i wish i still had that beast.:tank:

Kayla:
Fun topic! Good luck with your first car. Looks like you'll always remember it. And always wish you kept it!

My first car was a 1976 Chevy Malibu Classic. The car was huge. I loved it though, as it seemed all of us loved our first car.
It might not have been the car we loved so much, but the freedom it represented.
My oldest son has my old Toyota Corrola '89' as his first car. And my 15 yr old will be 16 in February.
We've been talking about getting him a truck or a van. He likes those old 70's vans like in the TV show.
I'll let you know.

1979 Ford Courier, Orange. Ugliest thing you can imagine. I rebuilt the motor once or twice, kept blowing the head gasket. Ran the thing into the ground. I miss driving standards, but there just not very practical in the city.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom