Your First Car....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubasean once bubbled...
If you have a sixteen yr old son and are not as old as your 1974 car, you were 13 (or younger) when your son was born.LOL
If he was born in 1964, then he would have been ~23 when his son was born, and if he got his license at 17, probably later, then the car would have been 7 years old. 7 years old could be considered old for a car. My guess, he's older than the car, but the car was pretty old by the time he was able to drive it.

It burned more oil than gas!

The gas cap and fill tube was locacted behind the tail light.

To fill your 56 Chevy with gas you had to turn a little piece of chrome and the tail light hinged down and there was the gas cap.

Paid $400 (lawn mowing money)...appropriately, it was 'lemon' yellow in color.

Owned it 8 months and it ran approximately 8 days during that time...the parts that fell off as I drove it were dutifully collected and stowed in the trunk.

Special features included real wire rims with knock-off hubs that were frozen in place and couldn't be removed, a convertible top that blew off at speeds > 65 mph, and non-locking fuel cap that allowed all my 'friends' to have free gas until I started putting in only 3 gallons at a time.

Anyone ever figure out how to tune twin Stromberg carbs...

Paid $800 for it!! It had a shortbox, It was black with a red interior, carpeting, Bucket seats, 3 spd on the column, and a 352 engine. Lot's of power :)

It was a very cool truck!! :mean:

since then most of my favorite rides have been trucks.........

exeptions to that rule : 1969 GTO, 1956 Corvette, 1946 Harley Davidson :wink:

had it for a few years & it probably would have lasted longer if I hadn't always stomped the gas pedal for that 1/2 mile up the hill stretch to my house, to see how fast I could get it before I got to the bridge. Actually dream about the car once in a while, if that isn't too weird.
There's only 1 other 442 here on Guam that I'm aware of; maybe I'll be it for nostalgia one of these days.

Schwin...21 speed pretty new :mean:

Was a 1980 Honda Accord. It was the model that got Obscene Gas Mileage. I had it a month before I had to put gas in it. (yes it was driven daily) The next month the floorboards rusted through and I had to get rid of it.

The next car I had was a 1982(?) BMW 520(?) with Twin Stomberg Carbs. That car was nice but did not get nearly as good of gas mileage as my Accord.

My recommendations are on Volvo. I have a 740 Diesel, and it would flatten a Navigator.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom