Your favorite Anilao Divesite

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Spoon:
thats amazing! i wish my buddies had the drive to do a twilight dive. usually by that time we are pooped out of our witts. did you guys bring your dive lights? man that was one long dive over one hour 6 mins.

the idea is to dive before total darkness hits the divesite. Your eyes can easily adjust to the fading light and it will not be a shock to your system unlike when you go and roll back into the water in pitch black, :icon10: bulaga!!! (parang ganun ang dating).

Yes we did bring divelights, just simple ikelight PCas powered by AA batteries. Surreal effect will hit you right before the light fades out. Mix feeling of awe and eerieness. Us scared? yes and no.

Yup 66 mins., my longest was 72 mins. at beatrice-canal (better to call that canal, eel alley!) last Saturday (Aug 27), no/slight current, ave. depth 40ft./deepest 79 ft.. I was in a very relaxed state and was really enjoying the site. Also I took 2 pounds off before the dive (kinda experimenting). After I've changed my old spg with a new compact/mini 3 gauge (dual reading - imperial/metric), I may be able to drop 1 pound more.

Subukan nyo bro, u know i'm right. :wink:

clgsamson:
. Also I took 2 pounds off before the dive (kinda experimenting). After I've changed my old spg with a new compact/mini 3 gauge (dual reading - imperial/metric), I may be able to drop 1 pound more.

Subukan nyo bro, u know i'm right. :wink:

how much lead do you carry? are you getting the dive rite console gauge?

Now down to 7 lbs. No bro, wife and I are getting the aqualung mini 3 gauge (air/depth dual reading - imperial/bar and compass). The metric reading can be useful when you travel some place else, especially in asia where the metric system is used. You don't need to calculate. It's really small and I think it will improve streamlining.

You know when we ended the 72 mins. dive I still had 400 psi, wifey still had 1,100 psi!!! I just don't know with women but they really can show you a thing or two when it comes to air management. Perhaps they have smaller lungs or gills?

Off topic Bro, piece of advice, be fanatical on your oring make sure it's clean and seats well in the groove.

clgsamson:
Off topic Bro, piece of advice, be fanatical on your oring make sure it's clean and seats well in the groove.

in fact i am very anal when it comes to taking care of my stuff. i take good care of my gear. will even be more cautious with the orings.

Hello all!

My name's Trina, 21 F, from the Philippines. I have only gone diving once (free lessons!) and during that dive I was shown how a good number of people care to rebuild our depleting coral reefs in the Philippines.

So, inspired by that, I decided to focus on diving and volunteering for my thesis. Basically, my thesis mates and I partnered with an organization that needs help in calling for more diver volunteers. Our goal is to create a campaign for them. Below is a note for all those interested in helping me out with my thesis. Details are in the survey's introduction. So, if you have time, and are willing to help out a good cause, read on! Divers unite!

Do you looove diving?

Are Nemo, Sebastian, and Flounder your close friends?

Are you a certified diver above 18 years old?

Are you saying "yes"???

Then you're PERFECT!!!

We are on the process of creating one kick *** thesis and it revolves around YOU YOU YOU! You, and a whole lot of other divers like you, can make a difference. Thinking it'll take too much of your time? Nah. You got us all wrong. We know how time consuming surveys can be, so we've created a spiffy survey that'll only take jiffy. All you need is your mouse clicking abilities and you're good to go. So...

TAKE A PLUNGE!

p.s. Feel free to pass it on to other Filipino Divers that you know! Thanks! :)

cry of the corals:
Hello all!

My name's Trina, 21 F, from the Philippines. I have only gone diving once (free lessons!) and during that dive I was shown how a good number of people care to rebuild our depleting coral reefs in the Philippines.

So, inspired by that, I decided to focus on diving and volunteering for my thesis. Basically, my thesis mates and I partnered with an organization that needs help in calling for more diver volunteers. Our goal is to create a campaign for them. Below is a note for all those interested in helping me out with my thesis. Details are in the survey's introduction. So, if you have time, and are willing to help out a good cause, read on! Divers unite!

Do you looove diving?

Are Nemo, Sebastian, and Flounder your close friends?

Are you a certified diver above 18 years old?

Are you saying "yes"???

Then you're PERFECT!!!

We are on the process of creating one kick *** thesis and it revolves around YOU YOU YOU! You, and a whole lot of other divers like you, can make a difference. Thinking it'll take too much of your time? Nah. You got us all wrong. We know how time consuming surveys can be, so we've created a spiffy survey that'll only take jiffy. All you need is your mouse clicking abilities and you're good to go. So...

TAKE A PLUNGE!

p.s. Feel free to pass it on to other Filipino Divers that you know! Thanks! :)

just did, i hope i was able to help, its agood thing your doing this. we greatly need more environmental/eco awareness in our country. its the ultimate key to the conservation and propagation of our unique ecosystem. good luck

Spoon:
just did, i hope i was able to help, its agood thing your doing this. we greatly need more environmental/eco awareness in our country. its the ultimate key to the conservation and propagation of our unique ecosystem. good luck

Thank you! And, of course, you were able to help! :) Please feel free to copy-paste the survey link and send it to other diver friends or egroups that you're part of. :) I would love to have a good number of surveys answered! :)

It would be a pity if our coral reefs remain neglected! :broken_he It's really something else down there... :07: (And to think I've only gone diving once...)

Gerrard:
Hey, any news on the cleanup going on in Anilao this weekend? Isit 2 late 2 join?

you can go to anilao @ your preferred resort but if you ask me its going to be hell! too many people cramming on the limited supplies and facilities. its going to be chaos. im diving on friday and conducting my own cleanup:)

Back
Top Bottom