Your deepest depth

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The point of diving is not to see who can go the deepest, you will always find someone who has been down deeper than you, I agree with Mike Ferrara, details of planning and stuff are interesting, but bragging gets you no where.

lundysd:
San Francisco Maru

175' -- 15min bottom time on EAN24

Excellent dive. My deepest too... 165' 14 min BT on air.

Jeremy Bouwman:
The point of diving is not to see who can go the deepest, you will always find someone who has been down deeper than you, I agree with Mike Ferrara, details of planning and stuff are interesting, but bragging gets you no where.
Oooomph!

Rant> This thread is about 'your deepest depth' - what's wrong with that? Every once in a while someone comes along saying "it's not about depth..". Well, it is - in this thread it really is about depth! And I heard no comments of "I went deeper than you did so I'm a better diver" kind in the whole thread. So, why would you feel the need to bash it?

The fact that so many of us know what are deepest depth was shows it has some importance in our minds. Why not say it out loud?

Apnea divers are going for the depth. What else is there? Fighting the bad guys underwater in movies like 'Into the blue'?

Anyway, it's not about the bragging rights, it's about the personal achievement. Personally, I only go to a depth I feel confident at. Accompanied by the adequate level of understanding of diving science. So, the deeper I go, the more confidence it represents to me.

Besides, it's not as if I go deeper with every dive. My latest dive was at only 11m of depth, but it was a breakthrough dive for me none the less. It was my first fresh water dive and with the viz within an arm's reach. I've enjoyed it just as much. I also enjoy shallow dives watching the coral reefs and marine life in general. And I also enjoy inspecting the wrecks or practicing skills.

So, it's not about the bragging rights - it's a personal achievement. One aspect of it. I gave you an insight into how I percieve this, but I'm sure there are a lot of us who see this the same way and agree with me.

Of course, to some it truly means holding a record. Nothing wrong with that either. <End of rant.

mislav:
So, it's not about the bragging rights - it's a personal achievement.
Oh yeah it is too about bragging rights!
I've been over 200 feet on a single steel 72.
So there!
Doing that, I've achieved a higher level of stupidity than most of you.
And manhood, baby!
And bragging rights.
HA! :D
E

mislav:
Oooomph!

Rant> This thread is about 'your deepest depth' - what's wrong with that? Every once in a while someone comes along saying "it's not about depth..". Well, it is - in this thread it really is about depth! And I heard no comments of "I went deeper than you did so I'm a better diver" kind in the whole thread. So, why would you feel the need to bash it?

The fact that so many of us know what are deepest depth was shows it has some importance in our minds. Why not say it out loud?

[/B]

What's wrong with saying it out loud? Nothing. It's just that it depth alone doesn't convey anything that's very interesting. I'd even go as far as to say that, in general, the divers who are most interested in depth are the divers who are least prepared to be diving deep. When they tell someone how deep they've been they might be telling something but maybe not what they intended.

105' In San Carlos Mexico.

Hi,

French divers often dive deep with air :shakehead. My level, for example, allows me to dive up to 60 meters (150ft) with air. We have a lot of walls and wrecks in the Med sea you can dive deep. Near Marseille, there's a small archipelago with so nice walls coming from the surface up to 65 - 70 m (180ft).

That's very common to dive up to 40 or 50m, even if you're CMAS 2* (~AOW) with a CMAS 3* to watch you :wink:

I discovered Trimix this year (only this yeay, I should say :11:) and that's really wonderful. I dove twice the same wreck but not with the same feelings :D

I stole candy from a baby and parked in a handicapped spot without a placard.

I'd consider that pretty low.

It's about what you see, not the depth. To each, their own.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom