Your deepest depth

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I can go deeper than you becsuse, unlike most Robin Hoods, I carry a shovel.

Rick Murchison:
Beats me too! :D
Rick

flw:
??? You mus be diving in the wrong part of Scotland then - you need to go west and/or north!! Moray Firth, Caithness, orkney or Shetland - because it's my daughter's first year of diving I've been shallower this year, mainly above 30m or so and hardly ever used a torch. But then on the deeper wrecks, although I've used a torch I've rarely needed one.
However I'll go to whatever depth the ship stopped sinking at - scenic there's rarely little point in going below about 25-30m anyway.

Fi

Yes, unfortunately I live on the doorstep of the Forth estuary - and viz is usually poor and dark even at 20m. Just done a diving trip to Sound of Mull - breathtaking!.

I agree fully with scenic dives - whats the point going deeper, all it does is use the air quicker.

CraigDiver

One of the points of going deeper is the technological/logistical challenge of those kinds of dives which should be accompanied by a specific objective, unless a training dive. There is no point to a bounce dive to 200 feet, but there is a point to diving a wreck at 200 feet.

TheRedHead:
>snip<
There is no point to a bounce dive to 200 feet
>snip<
Whaaaat???
What about the rite of passage???
What about bragging rights?
What about running out of gas???
What about.... about MANHOOD?
Where's the adventure?
E

Epinephelus:
Whaaaat???
Where's the adventure?
E

Since I'm not a man, I don't have to worry about those things. :wink:

I did another dive to 119 fsw max depth last weekend. We scootered along about a 100-110 fsw contour to 3k ft following line and dropped two Al80s filled with bottom mix for a team that went out to around 9.2k feet (adding 1200' of line). We also attempted to do some line cleanup on the way back -- so at 100-110 fsw we were making additional wraps around tieoffs and repositioning the line to try to get it off of the bottom and make it more visible.

This is only 1 fsw shy of my deepest depth. I'm pretty sure that I could do a bounce dive to 150-180 fsw now pretty easily if I felt like setting a personal best depth record, but I don't really see the point...

lamont:
...but I don't really see the point...
Ts, ts, ts, lamont, really... what about all of those:
Epinephelus:
Whaaaat???
Where's the adventure?
E
:D

next time I'll see if I can swing around a little wider and lower and hit 121 fsw...

Warm water - 137
Cold water - 133

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Back
Top Bottom