Your deepest depth

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jason Ooi:
My deepest depth was 30m in HK...."consider very deep"
Jason, you dove trimix, use rebreather, you're an instructor and you've only been to 30 meters? Am I reading this correctly? :11:

CraigDiver:
I enjoy diving in waters at 30 feet, lots to see at that depth here on the East coast of Scotland. As soon as you go past 70 feet it gets very dark (torches needed to see).

I only see the point of diving deep if it is for a purpose (deepest dive done on the wreck Hispania in the Sound of Mull in Scotland at 101 feet).
CraigDiver

??? You mus be diving in the wrong part of Scotland then - you need to go west and/or north!! Moray Firth, Caithness, orkney or Shetland - because it's my daughter's first year of diving I've been shallower this year, mainly above 30m or so and hardly ever used a torch. But then on the deeper wrecks, although I've used a torch I've rarely needed one.
However I'll go to whatever depth the ship stopped sinking at - scenic there's rarely little point in going below about 25-30m anyway.

Fi

This does seem like a badge of honor. Does it really matter the depth of the dive? I would think you could do 300-400 feet on a "bounce dive" if you really wanted to be the coolest diver in scuba board. Depth is something I care less about, as should any prudent recreational diver. Diving a controlled dive plan and seeing what you want to see is priority. Hell you can go as deep as you want if you carry enough air (or until your insides squeeze out of your mouth!)

Be safe, otherwise the mate needs to work extra hard!

seadoggirl:
Why does depth become such a badge of honor. I've been to 140 on walls and would love to see the hanger deck on the Oriskany which is a little lower but I'm trying to be a good girl. It is killing me because I really want to!

CraigDiver:
I enjoy diving in waters at 30 feet, lots to see at that depth here on the East coast of Scotland. As soon as you go past 70 feet it gets very dark (torches needed to see).

I only see the point of diving deep if it is for a purpose (deepest dive done on the wreck Hispania in the Sound of Mull in Scotland at 101 feet).

In my opinion, the risks involved with diving increase rapidly with depths below 80 feet and I try and avoid risky diving for the sake of my wife and kids and my enjoyment.

CraigDiver
  1. Because its there
  2. The wrecks are there
  3. Why Not?
Who knows why we challenge the limits?

Why climb Mt Everest?
  • You have to climb over the bodies, garbage and empty 02 tanks of those who went before you.
  • Its cold and you have to turn around fast or die
  • The odds are against you
  • People will say you are crazy
  • There is really nothing too see but ice and snow at the top
  • There are other "Easier" mountains
If someone wants to go deep I say "Get the training and go for it"
I will be right above, or below you! :wink:

Deep diving is just another form of diving. The people who are interested in it like to talk about it in the same way photographers like to talk about shooting photos.

Curt Bowen:
Beats me! :D
Rick

wow, you guys kick my butt. I have only a fraction of the dives in my belt that some of you do but my best was 100' for about 5 mins. Nothing fancy. As far as speed though ive hit 170+ on a cbr 954.

Nice site btw.

pakman:
And the WINNER is...

:clapping: :banana:

I guess ~150m doesnt sound as good as 497fsw

I had 3 depth gauges on me... They read 150, 153,154..... So far no reason to go any further....

In the words of Gene Ferguson. "I have been as deep as I have been. And the visibility was as far as I could see." There is a tree that I climb in Columbus and when I am up there I can see Waycross Georgia. That's all I have to say about that.

Tom Smedley:
In the words of Gene Ferguson. "I have been as deep as I have been. And the visibility was as far as I could see." There is a tree that I climb in Columbus and when I am up there I can see Waycross Georgia. That's all I have to say about that.
A Pun...
A Pun? Upon what subject?
Upon the Queen...
The Queen? The Queen's no subject!
Rick :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom